2 recommendations

chachazz

Premium Member

[Updated] [Free] Opera Browser v 12.13 final

12.13 Final released
By Marcin Mitekmmitek - Opera Desktop Team
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:00:00 AM
quote:
First final version of Opera in 2013 is here!
We have just released Opera 12.13, this is a recommended stability and security update for all users. It also includes couple of bugfixes, most noticeably fixes for not loading any pages when Opera was started without Internet connection and internal communication error on Facebook. We would like to thank you all for helping us with testing 12.13 up

You can get your favourite browser on opera.com. Changelogs are available here.
All downloads: »www.opera.com/browser/do ··· stom=yes

Changelog:
Opera 12.13 is a recommended upgrade offering security and stability enhancements.

Fixes and Stability Enhancements since Opera 12.12

General and User Interface
• Fixed an issue where Opera gets internal communication errors on Facebook
• Fixed an issue where no webpages load on startup, if Opera is disconnected from the Internet
• Fixed an issue where images will not load after back navigation, when a site uses the HTML5 history API (deviantart.com

Linux and Windows
• A new stand-alone update-checker, as part of a planned upgrade of the auto-update system
• Windows
• Improved protection against hijacking of the default search, including a one-time reset

Security
• Fixed an issue where DOM events manipulation might be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Arthur Gerkis; see our advisory
• Fixed an issue where use of SVG clipPaths could allow execution of arbitrary code, as reported by anonymous via the iSIGHT Partners GVP Program;see our advisory
• Fixed a low severity security issue; details will be disclosed at a later date
• Fixed an issue where CORS requests could omit the preflight request, as reported by webpentest;see our advisory

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium Member
join:2001-08-27
Canada

1 recommendation

MarkAW

Premium Member

Thanks Chazzy, got it.

Buddel
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Premium Member
join:2004-03-06
EU

Buddel to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
Updated. Thank you.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

1 recommendation

Dustyn to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
Awesome thank you chachazz See Profile

bobbagels
Just Another Scorpion Mechwarrior
Premium Member
join:2000-11-15
Matawan, NJ

1 recommendation

bobbagels to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
Got it,
THX

ltsnow
Premium Member
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA

1 recommendation

ltsnow to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
Thanks chachazz. This is a great browser, and although I use Firefox almost exclusively, I like having this browser to check sites that may not work perfectly with Firefox.

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium Member
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY

PCInTech to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
Thanks, got it, ran nice for a couple days, then while on Facebook, it got TOTALLY screwed up, wouldn't restart at all. Tried reinstalling, no dice. Had to go back to 12.12 to get it to work! I'm so mad, I may give up on Opera after MANY MANY years of faithful usage.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by PCInTech:

...ran nice for a couple days, then while on Facebook, it got TOTALLY screwed up, wouldn't restart at all. Tried reinstalling, no dice. Had to go back to 12.12 to get it to work! ...

You're certainly not alone. This particular Opera version seems to be having more than its share of "issues", more commonly for those who are installing via "update" over top of an older installation (clean-install users seem to have better results). Issues especially involve crashing or stops-responding problems after 12.13's "autoupdate" has checked for new versions (and after the user clicks OK) in both Windows and Linux versions, as well as some crash-looping that appears to involve presence/use of widgets. Still other users are having serious install/uninstall issues with the new Opera installer (which, since it's first generation, was never really user-tested prior to this release against older "final" versions), and are also having recurring crashes upon startup. A few users are reporting apparently irreversible crash issues following usage on Facebook. Finally, there may be a conflict with EMET that sometimes kills Opera's plug-in wrapper because of potential DEP issues.

The net effect is that 12.13 has not been the best or most stable version in Opera's developmental history... an unusual number of early users seem to be reverting back to 12.12 or earlier into the 11.6x family. In any case, I would recommend that if one ventures to install 12.13, they consider installing it as a fully clean install, not over top of an earlier version... then copy over the necessary personal files from the older installation to 12.13. That way, the old installation would still be useable should you be one of the unfortunate ones experiencing crashes or crash-loops with the new version.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

1 edit

Anonymous_ to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
going to down grade back to the older once since it has a huge memory leak. up at 2.5GB for sometime
I may have 8gb but such as waste for a browser
bt06437
join:2001-12-03
Carrollton, TX

bt06437 to chachazz

to chachazz
I really hate to pile on, I had one XP notebook, DellM140, that could not run the Opera updated browser, 12.13. It crashed when launched, over & over.
I uninstalled, reinstalled, no help.
Installed 12.12, the notebook likes that, ok.
My 4 Win 7 pc's 32 & 64bit can run 12.13 just fine.

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

You're all very welcome.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
No issues to report when performing an auto-update install ontop of the previous version with XP and Win7.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz
Crash city,what a joke.

This browser has progressively gotten worse the last few versions.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird to chachazz

Premium Member

to chachazz

Opera Browser v 12.13 has been revoked !

Update: Opera 12.13 has been revoked because of crash looping. Opera 12.14 is in Release Candidate stage (including a hoped-for fix for the crash-looping), with final expected within a couple of days if all goes well. If you download/update Opera at the moment, you will get 12.12 instead of 12.13.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

1 recommendation

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

»my.opera.com/desktopteam ··· loop-fix

here's the fix.
ZZZZZZZ

1 recommendation

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Ok it's working again.

Also found these import/export settings backups for Opera............something that this browser has been missing.

»www.softpedia.com/get/Sy ··· al.shtml

»my.opera.com/Disco%20Stu ··· ort-tool

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn

Re: [Updated] [Free] Opera Browser v 12.13 final

said by Dustyn:

No issues to report when performing an auto-update install ontop of the previous version with XP and Win7.

Same here, no issues.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird

Re: Opera Browser v 12.13 has been revoked !

said by Blackbird:

Update: Opera 12.13 has been revoked because of crash looping. Opera 12.14 is in Release Candidate stage (including a hoped-for fix for the crash-looping), with final expected within a couple of days if all goes well. If you download/update Opera at the moment, you will get 12.12 instead of 12.13.

Hmm...I've had it since Jan 30 with ZERO problems on Windows 8 Pro MC. I don't use Facebook but I have had no crashes....I installed it on top of 12.12 and it works fine. In fact, Opera mail seems better in this version. It doesn't have a memory leak either. Fx is the one with the memory problem (as always). I use Fx more than Opera but I have used Opera enough since Jan 30 to know that12.13 is completely stable for me. I was surprised to read the problems with it in this thread as it seems one of the better versions to me.

I hope I don't get messed up with 12.14 since 12.13 was revoked. I usually install on top.