uniqs

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Really cool census site

»wow.realmpop.com/us.html

wowcensus.com isn't working anymore I don't guess. This site is much better anyway.

Phantasee
join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA

Phantasee

How accurate and updated is this thang, bruh?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

It says on the homepage that they update the info currently, and that it takes about 10-12 days to process the data.

Also, it counts all characters from level 1-90. You can use the slide thing towards to bottom to lessen that range if you want.

For example, there are just over 1.6m level 90s in the US region.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Yes, I used this site to research servers and it was how I narrowed the field to 4 servers to look into. Solid data in my opinion (and a nice user interface).

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Yup.

It's how I decided which Oceanic server to transfer to (Thaurissan).

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
I like the pie charts.
If you look at all class representation for all levels it is almost even with the usual suspects edging out (hunter, pally, DK) but when you slide that button over to level 90 it becomes heavily favored for Pallys, hunters, druid, DK and with the exception of monks (obstensibly because they are new) rogues are severely underrepresented.

Also, most people seem to prefer human, NE, BE and dranei....which leads to something I always suspected. The reason people get so heated about gear looks is because of how obvious it appears on the most common race choices; i.e. goblins, taurens, gnomes dont care about how a boot or glove looks as much as a BE because you dont see it displayed as well on them.
Just a theory....

xenograffiti
@unt.edu

xenograffiti

Anon

Yeah, the first thing I did was slide it over to 90 to see max level class distribution. Not surprising to see pally & hunter at the top - draw a venn diagram of easy & powerful and those two meet in the middle. I was surprised to see rogues below lock and shaman, though. I'd be interesting to see historical data for the ebb and flow of class popularity over the years.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to McBrain

to McBrain
Can't be the site is updated as often as it claims. Pride and Ego doesn't show up on Ravencrest yet, nor any toons starting with 'Imm'.
Carpie

Carpie to McBrain

to McBrain
And has my mage at level 83 which puts this data at least 2-3 months old.