join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

2 edits
reply to JohnDoe

Re: $19.95 Uverse Internet-only promo no more?

said by JohnDoe :

Anyone know how to order this?

No. I am reluctant to test the online order process because I don't want to screw up the existing Sonic.net Fusion at the address. Fusion is good for 4.9 Mbps, while U-verse HSI at the same address is only good for 3.0 Mbps.

Please tell me the web site is broken and customer care is just confused.

I can't say, but I found this for my mother's residence:

A San Jose, CA U-verse HSI offer.

Addendum: Based on NetFixer See Profile's latest post, I have to wonder where, in the AT&T footprint you are located; from the forum, legacy Bellsouth. It very well could be that you can't get what I am being offered because of regional marketing differences. It isn't that a CSR is ignorant, or a web site is broken; more like trying to find a localized product outside of its distribution area. I used to like a soft drink called, "Cactus Cooler", but it apparently isn't "yuppie" enough for the South S.F. Bay Area. It is rare in San Jose (I know of only one store which carries it. But it is widely available in Stockton and Lodi (Central Valley), and Paso Robles (Central Coast).
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:3

There used to be $19.95 U-verse for 6 Mbps or 3 Mbps for one year if I remember. They butchered all the promo pricing for U-verse internet this week.