Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dr Tweak

join:2004-09-23
Chesapeake, VA
reply to jaykaykay

Re: [Need Info] CSV file

Comma-separated values, you need Excel or for free you can use LibreOffice.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24

1 edit

I don't have Excel but do have a reader for said program. Will that work? In what program would it need to be saved?

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

CSV is a common text file, where commas are used as separators between data values, usually presented in tables. Excel is just one of the example of programs, that take CSV files and try to fit them into tables. Other table-oriented programs usually could do the same

You may open and read CSV files in any text editor. They, of course, will not be well formatted into columns and rows. But anyway, you may see the data itself.
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·Speakeasy

Thanks, OZO. I really know what they are, but have not been able to open/read/nor save them for some time if I import one. I think I have found my answer, unless, for security reasons, this would not be a wise program to try. It's a free csv. reader, »www.softpedia.com/get/Office-too···ew.shtml

OZO
Premium

I've just tried to open a SCV file, made by Excel for this test, and this small proggy works just fine.

BTW, I trust the developer - NirSoft. They offer a lot of good freeware utilities.
--

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA

1 recommendation

reply to jaykaykay

Thanks, OZO. I've finally d/l it but have yet to run it. Prevx didn't like the site at all. It and I had a little talk and I won!

OZO
Premium

1 recommendation

You're welcome! I guess you were able to make a proposal it couldn't refuse...
--

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
USA

It's funny how that works!