All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to peterboro

to peterboro

Re: Anybody like Toronto Star new web site?

said by peterboro:

Who reads the paper online anyways when it gets delivered to your door.

I WAS subscriber for last 16-17 years. At time I paid about $8 and last month ( for about 5 years) I paid $1 per week. Now I have only globe and mail. Which soon I will stop.

But you need to go online to comment on the stories or read some entertaining comments.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by loosedobbs:

I WAS subscriber for last 16-17 years. At time I paid about $8 and last month ( for about 5 years) I paid $1 per week. Now I have only globe and mail. Which soon I will stop.

But you need to go online to comment on the stories or read some entertaining comments.

Mine are a write off and about a buck a week. Comments online for me are a no go as they would not be published if my posting history in here is any indicator.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

said by loosedobbs:

Mine are a write off and about a buck a week. Comments online for me are a no go as they would not be published if my posting history in here is any indicator.

i have star delivery now and its a buck a week til next Oct or something. Hardcopy is always handy if you need to start a fire , mask while painting , need a disposable surface to take apart something greasy etc. Reading news online vs a hard print is a different user experience. You dont see much random shit online vs when I flip the whole thing cover to cover its a diversion and you read a lot of crap i normally wont bother with. I like the globe but it got pricey. Online the national post has best portal interfqce and articles of the big three. Sun dont even consider it.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs

said by koira:

said by peterboro:

said by loosedobbs:

i have star delivery now and its a buck a week til next Oct or something. Hardcopy is always handy if you need to start a fire , mask while painting , need a disposable surface to take apart something greasy etc. Reading news online vs a hard print is a different user experience. You dont see much random shit online vs when I flip the whole thing cover to cover its a diversion and you read a lot of crap i normally wont bother with. I like the globe but it got pricey. Online the national post has best portal interfqce and articles of the big three. Sun dont even consider it.

I agree with the Hardcopy thing. And about type of uses? been there done that. Old habits die hard but it is no good for threads here. Its like give me linky or shut up...or some discussion.

It is easy to find old news online and post here. Imagine to do that with print. So web sites are important. It should be easy and nice.
First impression is not good but as said Old Habits. Dont like the changes. I hated even when print edition changed few years back with top cut for the journalists.

But looking at the site people are impressed like hell. May be half of them work at Star.