Almost Retired
Premium
join:2001-12-30
USA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to gate1975mlm

Xfinity X1 now available to ALL Customers in Philly!

I'm in Philly and I called Comcast for service yesterday because my TV picture was pixelated and was told my signal was weak and they would send a tech out for today. I asked the phone tech if she could send an X1 DVR to me. The tech showed up with the box but said my signal was too weak for the box. So he changed a few things around and got rid of a couple 20 year old splitters I wasn't using and he hooked up the X1. Nice!

The guide is 100X better and the GF loves the Facebook and Twitter apps. So far, so good.

I figured out how to use most everything and am missing the channel reminder you use to set for favorite shows in the future. Also, after you pair the remote with the X1 box the remote allows only 1 peripheral device to be set up and only for audio. If you pair the remote with the auxiliary audio the TV's audio is no longer controllable with the remote. Hopefully some updates will make things better.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3

That sounds like a limitation of the remote and not the box so I don't think any software is gonna fix that.