uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

[STB] Comcast outage Turnersville, NJ region

Comcast TV outage Turnersville, NJ region starting 8PM ET. Seems fire alarms went off and shut down some equipment. Never lost internet and TV now back about 8:45.

Ramil > Hello Tom, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Ramil. Please give me one moment to review your information.
Tom > My Issue: Getting "One Moment Please" Ref Code: s0a00 on both TVs. Started at exactly 8P.M.
Ramil > It is definitely not good that you are having this issue. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you in every way.
Ramil > That’s not good! I would not you to miss your favorite shows because of this interruption, do not worry, I’ll definitely look into this for you.
Ramil > I am going to perform a diagnostic check of your services & equipment. This "Health Check" verifies the current status of your equipment and your services. It should only take a minute for the results.
Tom > Thanks
Ramil > I believe your service interruption is caused by technical difficulties with the cable line or equipment. There can be many reasons for this and our technicians and engineers are investigating the exact cause of the problem. Please do not worry, once the problem is fixed, your service will be restored immediately
Tom > Internet access is working fine

Ramil > Critical Event in turnersville.nj affecting HSD ( details) Critical Event in turnersville.nj affecting Telephony ( details) Critical Event in turnersville.nj affecting Video (details)

Tom > I expect this problem is widespread because of how long it took for someone to come online. I tried the 1-800-Comcast phone 1st and they said no one could answer to help.
Ramil > We do have a volume of customer contacting us as of the moment abou the same issue.
Tom > The TV just came back online
Ramil > I do apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you.

Ramil > Outage Id OE029129856 Outage Element turnersville.nj Outage Location VL_TV_Turnersville Outage Type Unplanned Product Video; Region Name FREEDOM
Ramil > Priority Critical Problem Summary Fire/Smoke Alarm Product Video; Status Assigned Ticket Number ND017160836 Severity Sev 1 Additional Information Inital 1/30/13 Update 8:32pm ET Per Bill he is onsite there is power in the site but the fire deparment is not letting them in. Customer Experience Customers without service

Ramil > I do apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you.
Ramil > As of the moment , we will need your understanding about the situation
Tom > No problem. I hope your Turnersville location is not damaged and it was just a false alarm triggered by a faulty sensor. Thanks for all the info. Bye.
Ramil > We do have volume of customers contacting us about the same issue. Rest assured your Devices and equipment is OK.
Ramil > To recap what we have done.
Ramil > You have no cable service and when I check the services in your area. You have an outage.
Ramil > I apologize for the inconvenience but I need to close the chat session. Thank you for contacting Comcast. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again. If you need additional assistance you can chat back on our Web site at »www.comcast.com/Support/
Ramil > Analyst has closed chat and left the room
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

Still intermittent S0a00 errors on a constantly changing mix of channels. Some channels fail, then work later on and vice versa. Comcast support link still showing TV problems in my area.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.