spc
Search similar:

uniqs

editette
@telus.net

editette

Anon

[BC] telus' crappy tv audio dropouts are driving me to shaw

i have had an on-going problem with audio dropout on the HD super chans and HBO. i am with telus. there also does not seem to be anyone in customer relations anymore. telus used to be a good company with good customer service. i pay close to 200 bucks a month for this service and i am very angry about it. game of thrones is starting up again soon for season 3 and i just know that there are going to be huge dropouts in the audio. i have a year old hd tv, wifi and everything has been repaired and checked out by their technicians...it still sucks. i am inches away from returning to shaw

Tornado15550
join:2012-12-16
Canada

Tornado15550

Did you try changing the audio settings on the set top box from stereo to surround (or vice versa)?

A complete reboot of the PVR and modem may help as well.
Try adjusting the audio settings on your TV.

I have no problem with the audio quality on my HD channels.

AnonTechEDM
@telus.net

AnonTechEDM to editette

Anon

to editette
first off how is your stb connected to the tv? does the stb connect to an external sound receiver? do you have multiple stb's? and if so does the audio drop out on all boxes?
Is it just audio or are you getting video cut outs?

StarBuck4
join:2011-01-16
Beverly Hills, CA

StarBuck4 to editette

to editette
And here I thought it was only me that has been experiencing audio drop outs on HBO and one other channel that escapes me.

No amount of hardware/setting changing has had any effect.

Live and recorded programs both affected, at random. ( Both STB's)

Atleast Sickbeard is reliable, it's gotten so bad that I don't trust my PVR any more.

This is makign it easier for me to convince my wife to dump Telus altogether . ( I want Teksavvy anyway, and at least Shaw's TV was reliable)
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

did you guys take the time to report to TELUS the audio drop outs ? BTW, It could be coming from the source and not be related to TELUS at all. I have experience the audio drop out on HBO too. So please report them.
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey to editette

to editette
As I have mentioned to everyone before Telus only sends to you feed it provides from the owners of the channels .Shaw and Bell distribute these feeds to Telus.
Symtex
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

I just check this morning. There is a ticket open on it and we are working on a resolution.

Starbuck_
@66.119.191.x

Starbuck_ to Symtex

Anon

to Symtex
Hi Symtex,

Yes , my wife called into Tech support ( she was off the first day it occurred) was told that there was nothing wrong lol
She gave up trying to explain what an audio dropout was, and instead complied to me that I was causing it , as Telus said that nothing was wrong .... Sigh ....
Symtex
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

a decoder card was swapped out yesterday and we are monitoring the situation.

I wouldn't expect an front line guy to understand that but it should have open a ticket at least. Either way. It should be resolved now

StarBuck4
join:2011-01-16
Beverly Hills, CA

StarBuck4

Symtex,

Thanks for looking into this , I may be a "testy" customer, but I do appreciate your efforts.
At least I can show my wife that I wasn't causing the "nonexistent problem" LOL
Symtex
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

said by StarBuck4:

Symtex,

Thanks for looking into this , I may be a "testy" customer, but I do appreciate your efforts.
At least I can show my wife that I wasn't causing the "nonexistent problem" LOL

Marital counselor is my second job ! j/k. that's why I hang around here. to fix a few wrong.