uniqs
share rss forum feed

hyelton

join:2008-02-29
Rutherfordton, NC
reply to astroturf

Re: Internet Issues

I`m on the right, Horrible pic of me though
The reason I asked about the traceroot is my traceroot always seems to go through 2 local routers like yours, I wonder why? I can understand 1 but mine always goes through 2 the 2nd one is always 192.168.50.5 which is odd that they would use such a common address.

I`m just still confused as to how 2 areas and 2 backbones have the same issue. I just emailed the General Manager at my local office and maybe I will get a responce by tommrow, The main IT guy there quit today, He found someone else dont really know where its sad it was very nice and knew what he was doing.

In my area I was the VERY first person to get the 24megs a few months back

I`m currently not at home but I am doing remote desktop to my server and things seem worse tonight than they have been being I haven't seen my speed go any higher than 5 megs tonight, The location that im currently at is through satilite and these speeds are faster Getting about 10 megs down on the satilite internet lol

astroturf

join:2012-04-07

It looks like they at least gave you the DOCSIS 3 modem when you upgraded. They upgraded me to 24mb on a DOCSIS 2 modem and I couldn't get anything faster than 16mb on that. I was transferred to their "technical guy" when I called the office and asked about getting the modem. I had to get a DOCSIS 3 wireless/modem combination that I don't really like though. I don't know why they don't have any that aren't wireless.

hyelton

Rutherfordton, NC

Yea I HATE the gateway device, I put it in Bridged mode. I mean I would had went with something simple if the dang thing had QOS but it doesnt so I deffantly had to Bridge it and bypass everything but just the modem part so I can still use DD-WRT perfectly with my wireless router.

I would BUY my own Modem but we have the phone too and the EMTA modems are about $150 so thats a no go, The non phone modems can be obtained less than $100

astroturf

Yeah, mine is bridged too.

When I asked they told me I couldn't even use an emta modem unless it was from them.

hyelton

Rutherfordton, NC

I think you can but dont take my word, But it should work just fine you would just give them the normal mac address and then the EMTA mac address and it should work fine.

astroturf

I know it would probably work if I did that, but I think it would have to be the same gateway modem I have from them now and I wouldn't want to buy one of those.

hyelton

Rutherfordton, NC

The TM722g seems nice and good just modem/EMTA only but I cant find a cheap one.

astroturf

If you ever find one for a good price somewhere and it works for you, please tell me because I would want to get one too