Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to loosedobbs

Re: Anybody like Toronto Star new web site?

said by loosedobbs:

But news is always changing.

Patience is a virtue. Some day you will learn to slow down and enjoy a life without instant everything. This is just the natural progression from these ridiculous little electronic trinket smart phones and other garbage people are tethered to now.

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
said by peterboro:

said by loosedobbs:

Patience is a virtue. Some day you will learn to slow down and enjoy a life without instant everything. This is just the natural progression from these ridiculous little electronic trinket smart phones and other garbage people are tethered to now.

Hey am old now and already slowing down. I even drive at 120KM/h and not at 160-170Km/h, even in Toronto.

But sometime you need web sites to get news. Like when terrorists attack. or shooting in school.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to peterboro
said by peterboro:

said by loosedobbs:

You realize the irony as you post on a forum right? lol

It's not about patience, it's about knowledge. I don't care too much about reading on murders and stuff, but i find several stores, blogs etc intriguing. I don't care to read gossip like TMZ or perezhilton. I like some news.

Though the star's quality in journalism has declined i still enjoyed reading the odds and ends. Several articles about every day life that weren't news i also doubt would be printed on paper. As said previously, i enjoy reading people's comments on stories too.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

Hey am old now and already slowing down. But sometime you need web sites to get news. Like when terrorists attack. or shooting in school.

You're not quite there if you need instant news. I remember 9/11 and found CNN quite adequate.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
reply to Tx
said by Tx:

Yes, but just as missionaries of old had to go forth into the heathens to spread the word I now must go forth into the digital ether to spread the word of the truth about the fallacy of our modern reliance on technology.

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by peterboro:

said by Tx:

Yes, but just as missionaries of old had to go forth into the heathens to spread the word I now must go forth into the digital ether to spread the word of the truth about the fallacy of our modern reliance on technology.

Hey, we agree there! lol... Some might think the world would come to an end should technology stop working. I think it'd be the greatest thing to man kind.

peterboro
Premium
Peterborough, ON
said by Tx:

Hey, we agree there! lol... Some might think the world would come to an end should technology stop working. I think it'd be the greatest thing to man kind.

I think this sentiment is best summed up in one of my favorite scenes in the movies with Snake Plissken in Escape From LA.

»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···Yr81jZ6g

Tx
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by peterboro:

said by Tx:

I think this sentiment is best summed up in one of my favorite scenes in the movies with Snake Plissken in Escape From LA.

»www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl···Yr81jZ6g

Been awhile since i seen that movie, forgot about that scene. Such a fitting clip though haha. That sums it up very well

kingb71

join:2000-10-09
Mississauga, ON
I can't find the links to the mobile site.
The full site shows up, which isn't as bad as the previous full site on my mobile device.