join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream

1 edit
reply to Bodybagger

[Troubles] Re: I'm about to lose it

Glad to know that all this money they shelled out is a waste. Congrats WS you really do suck. Come rip your dumb box out the ground before I push it over the hill with my tractor for you. Everyday I go to work I drive by that neglected pile of $$$ that usually surrounded by hay grass and thistles. I used to find it funny when the techs stopped every Wednesday afternoon/evening to check it and had to walk thru waist high grass to get to it. One of the techs stopped me on day on the tractor when I mowing and asked me if I could mow around it. He said they have a guy who is supposed to go around and weed eat around it. I can't remember the details, but when they moved the box up on the hill (got it out of the bottom after the flood of 98) they were to maintain 'x' amount of feet around it (6ft?) and every so often (3weeks?). So now I mow around it with the disc mower for them (not my responsibility, mind you... but I won't trim around it unless they want to pay up). They had to send someone out to trim around it when they pulled fiber the last time around (and they had to hand dig it anyways). Now no one comes around it anymore. Time to get that eye sore out of my way.

Hell my Supercharged Cobalt would rip that thing out like nobody's business.

--
ASUS P8Z77-V | Intel i7 3770k | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | 2x EVGA GTX 670 SLI |128GB Samsung 830-Series SSD | 80GB OCZ Agility 2 SSD | 2x 500GB WD Black HDD | Speedsteam 4300 | Netgear WNDR3700v2 DD-WRT | Full Gigabit LAN | Windstream 3Mbps

computerdoc

join:2012-08-06
Campobello, SC

Wow, no excuse for that. PURE NEGLIGENCE. Aren't they bound by law to have this up and running across the board though by 2014 in stimulus related areas? That might be the only thing that forces their hand in actually providing the overpaid service we are all paying for.

carabao

join:2012-07-17
Sweeny, TX
reply to nathanroe72

Waste of money is right.
During the repair of the noise on the phone line i have had off and on for over two years i got the chance to ask the tech again when the fiber they ran last june would be up and running
Guess what he said the equipment was too small i presume for the number of people they were gong to put on it and the amount of new services they were going to try and sell so the upgrade needs to be upgraded before its ever turned on
During numerous repairs of noise on line and dsl being down the techs have got me from .380Mbps to .6Mbps so they are trying but i think the engineers and managment are stuck on stupid The present dslam is about 3miles from the house while the new one with the fiber is 1 mile so if it ever works my speed should really pick up

bran_gray

join:2013-01-28
Sweeny, TX

said by carabao:

Waste of money is right.
During the repair of the noise on the phone line i have had off and on for over two years i got the chance to ask the tech again when the fiber they ran last june would be up and running
Guess what he said the equipment was too small i presume for the number of people they were gong to put on it and the amount of new services they were going to try and sell so the upgrade needs to be upgraded before its ever turned on
During numerous repairs of noise on line and dsl being down the techs have got me from .380Mbps to .6Mbps so they are trying but i think the engineers and managment are stuck on stupid The present dslam is about 3miles from the house while the new one with the fiber is 1 mile so if it ever works my speed should really pick up

I'm surprised to find another Sweeny, TX user on here. You mentioning line noise is kind of funny because they fixed an issue with a hum on our line about a month ago (we'd had it for quite awhile) and it has slowly returned lately.