All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

and340
@verizon.net

and340 to bohratom

Anon

to bohratom

Re: beIn Sport 1 & 2 (new soccer channels)

I love the report recently that Fox was getting ready to dump Fox Soccer and rebrand it as FX2. There is no reason to be adding any additional soccer channels. No one watches it - just ask fox soccer.
nyrmetros
join:2008-02-01
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros

said by and340 :

I love the report recently that Fox was getting ready to dump Fox Soccer and rebrand it as FX2. There is no reason to be adding any additional soccer channels. No one watches it - just ask fox soccer.

What are you smoking? NBC Sports bought the rights to the MLS and EPL, while BeOut took La Liga and Seria A..... Fox has the rights to the UEFA Champions League and the futuer FIFA World Cups.... Where do you get off saying that no one watches soccer....?
Strommy
join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA

Strommy to and340

to and340
said by and340 :

Sorry, you are incorrect and NYR is dead on, soccer is getting more and more popular (though it will never reach nfl/mlb/nba/college fb/bb heights in the US). And the ONLY reason Fox is doing that is because they lost broadcast rights to the Premier league to NBC. They just won't have enough soccer programming to fill the channel any longer. It is quite the opposite as you think, more people are watching and the programming is more desirable which is why NBC outbid Fox.

Personally I would like to see beIn added BUT only if it doesn't raise my rates. if so I can live without it.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to nyrmetros

to nyrmetros
said by nyrmetros:

said by and340 :

What are you smoking? NBC Sports bought the rights to the MLS and EPL, while BeOut took La Liga and Seria A..... Fox has the rights to the UEFA Champions League and the futuer FIFA World Cups.... Where do you get off saying that no one watches soccer....?

The ratings, the ratings are not good for any soccer match outside of ESPN. And color bars get a 1.0 on ESPN, because it's got so many homes. What FOX is doing is unfortunate, with SPEED and perhaps with FSC. Regardless, like I've been saying, Verizon is not going to meet BeIN's price. They have little reason to. If BeIN wants on, they'll have to offer it for squat and take it on a higher tier like GOL TV.
nyrmetros
join:2008-02-01
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros

I don't want my rates to increase either just because BeOut has hijacked some Usmnt games, but Damn I need to watch the USA games!

Ghoghogol
@jhmi.edu

Ghoghogol to Greg2600

Anon

to Greg2600
I've wanted to see BEIN offered on FIOS for a while and despite all the requests on message boards, no action and no press release either. So, I suggest writing to Benjamin Grad, Verizon, Director, Content Strategy & Acquisition.

benjamin.d.grad@verizon.com

And Lowell McAdam, Verizon CEO

lowell.mcadam@one.verizon.com

Make the case that you, a Verizon FIOS subscriber, want to see BEIN USA on the FIOS channel lineup.
donjuan2002
join:2002-10-06
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002

Click for full size
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to nyrmetros

to nyrmetros
said by nyrmetros:

just because BeOut has hijacked some Usmnt games

TV rights for the road qualifiers are owned by the host country and in the pre-BeIn days were often PPV and almost never appeared on cable.

IOW - you're not missing anything you would have gotten previously.

I'm glad BeIn didn't get the EPL but at least they've negotiated a consolidation of the qualifiers so if/when Vz picks them up we will get all of those games.

In the meantime the USMNT better look sharper than they did against Canada this week.