San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to hobgoblin

Re: [TWC] Why did the name change?

said by hobgoblin:

The Adelphia.net domain is still active and redirects to Roadrunner.com.

People are still using adelphia.net addresses years after the founders were incarcerated for whatever they did!

Considering that about half of Adelphia was taken by Comcast, I'd guess that about half of the former Adelphia customers lost their '@adelphia.net' email. Unless TWC is handling their email instead of Comcast.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:9

"Considering that about half of Adelphia was taken by Comcast, I'd guess that about half of the former Adelphia customers lost their '@adelphia.net' email. Unless TWC is handling their email instead of Comcast."

Yeah, not sure what happened to them, but TWC clearly kept their customers happy by keeping their email intact.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by hobgoblin:

Yeah, not sure what happened to them, but TWC clearly kept their customers happy by keeping their email intact.

They couldn't both (Comcast and TWC) keep their customers on the '@adelphia.net' domain. Comcast had previously ditched the '@home.net', and '@attbi.com' email domains (a relative lost her '@home.net' email, but was able to keep her fairly unique username; a friend lost his '@attbi.com' email, and had to change his username in order to mitigate username contention: Both are now '@comcast.net').

As for keeping '@*.rr.com', I imagine that would depend on whether Warner Bros. charges a nominal license fee for the mark, or an exorbitant license fee.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum