join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin to sivran

Premium Member

to sivran

Re: Typical Customer Data Usage

said by sivran:

Do you just not realize how pointless your argument is?

Here is an analogy.

I used to own a Sebring, I drove 20 miles to work every day. It took me 20 minutes.
I now own a Chevrolet Camaro. its still 20 miles to work, but the car is faster so it takes me 15 minutes.
I dont drive 25 miles for fun I save 5 minutes each trip.

Hop
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

46436203 (banned)

said by hobgoblin:

said by sivran:

Do you just not realize how pointless your argument is?

Here is an analogy.

I used to own a Sebring, I drove 20 miles to work every day. It took me 20 minutes.
I now own a Chevrolet Camaro. its still 20 miles to work, but the car is faster so it takes me 15 minutes.
I dont drive 25 miles for fun I save 5 minutes each trip.

Hop

That is a terrible analogy. Do you live in Germany and commute on the Autobahn or something?

Even the shittiest of cars can easily exceed American highway speed limits by 10+ mph.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

sivran

Premium Member

I got a better twist on it.

I take a toll road to get to work and back. It's getting me to the same place, just faster and more expensive. I pay the extra to save 20-40 minutes a day. I consider this worth it. Someone else might not. Fine by me, but if they tell me I'm wasting my money, I'll tell them they're wasting their time.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"I take a toll road to get to work and back. It's getting me to the same place, just faster and more expensive. I pay the extra to save 20-40 minutes a day. I consider this worth it. Someone else might not. Fine by me, but if they tell me I'm wasting my money, I'll tell them they're wasting their time."

Thats a nice analogy!

Hob