Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

EnigmaMac

join:2010-05-30
Calgary, AB
kudos:1

[OS X] Mail Version 6.2 - Problem with sending messages w/o pict

Hello all Macintosh folks! Pleasure to be here, and always enjoy reading posts, and gathering as much information as I can, as well as trying to help other users if possible.

Anyways, I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and Mail Version 6.2
Now I am not sure how I got this picture of me in the top right corner of every email that I send out. I have played around with different things, tried right clicking and deleting it, but still nothing.

Do you guys know what I am talking about? Its right in the header, but in the top right corner. I can't even remember how I got there the first time, but its an old picture and I would like to remove it because it does not look profession when sending out emails to certain places.

Once again I am using OSX ML 10.8.2 and Mail version 6.2 - haven't had any problems at all, but I am trying to remove this profile picture or small picture posted up in the top right header corner of EVERY email I send. I could try and upload a picture of what I am talking about, but then it would include confidential information that I don't really want public.

If anyone knows what I am talking about, and could give me some suggestions or just tell me how to remove the damn picture hehe..

Thanks All Mac Users!

EnigmaMac

join:2010-05-30
Calgary, AB
kudos:1

Re: [OS X] Mail Version 6.2 - Problem with sending messages w/o

Anyone?

jtl999
CEO of Actiontec Dev Team

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4
reply to EnigmaMac

Screenshot?

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15
reply to EnigmaMac

Check your address book for a pic on your personal entry.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless

2 edits
reply to EnigmaMac

Hi:

That image comes from your address book Contacts. It is put there by Mail only in the message display. It is not sent out as part of the email. It is there to quickly identify the sender or receiver of the message. If the email address in the header corresponds to a address book Contacts entry which has an image, that image is simply displayed for your information.

EDIT: That's "Contacts" not address book.

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

said by TamaraB:

Hi:

That image comes from your address book Contacts. It is put there by Mail only in the message display. It is not sent out as part of the email. It is there to quickly identify the sender or receiver of the message. If the email address in the header corresponds to a address book Contacts entry which has an image, that image is simply displayed for your information.

EDIT: That's "Contacts" not address book.

This is exactly correct. If you add pictures to your other contacts they will show up in mail as well if the email address matches up.