Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

disconnected

@snet.net

[WIN7] Device Driver Software Not Successfully Installed

Click for full size
Driver failed to download.
This is on a brand new installation of Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on a LENOVO W500.

Prior to getting a virus, my original Win 7 installation was able to see my Android phone and access it like a hard drive with folders.

Since doing a clean install, I am unable to do anything but send files to the phone over Bluetooth. The Devices and Printers show a big "!" next to the phone. So I right click Troubleshoot this device.. searches Windows update for a while then proclaims it was unable to find a device driver. I've spent 36 hours rebuilding, downloading updates and am just beginning to reinstall my apps. But something as basic as this isn't working as it did before. I didn't have to do anyting by pair the phone last month to get this to work. I don't understand why it is different now. I installed all the Lenovo drivers. I'm out of ideas now on how to get access to the files on my phone.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback

You mean something like this?

»support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloa···DS013631

However as we do not have the exact model of the laptop- it can't be confirmed as the driver you need.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to disconnected

Where did your previous Win7 installation disc come from and did this come from the same place? Did you install the previous Win7 yourself or was it pre-installed?

I'm asking, because obviously something's different this time around, and the likely thing is that last time, Win7 was installed from a source that had the right drivers from Lenovo.

Windows Update doesn't guarantee to have everyone's drivers. Only those that have been submitted to Microsoft.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
reply to disconnected

Click for full size
It has been a while since I worked with Lenovo systems, but in the last job I had, that is all we used at our company.

From what I remember, if you go to Lenovo's site, and put in your full model #, you should be able to find the exact drivers for it. By full model #, if you had a T400 laptop, you would have to tell them thinkpad T400, machine type 2768, and model 11g. That full number, (in my example 2768-11g) should appear somewhere on the laptop. If I remember right, its on the bottom of the unit.

Once you have that, you should be able to go to this page

»support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloa···lt.page#

and then start the process to get you to arrive at the drive download page for that unit.

If you see the attached picture, that is what I come up with if my laptop was the one I was using as my example (T400, Model # 2768-11g).

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail