mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

[CallCentric] How many digits

How to configure dialing to conform to your local area?

Since switching one of my DID's to CallCentric I now have to use 11 digit dialing for local numbers and this is now become annoying.

Can anyone PLEASE provide me with a clue how to change this so that in my local area I can revert back to 10 digit dialing.
engineerdan
join:2006-12-07
Washington, DC

engineerdan

said by mozerd:

Can anyone PLEASE provide me with a clue how to change this so that in my local area I can revert back to 10 digit dialing.

This is typically handled by tweaking the dial-plan in your equipment.
mikev
Premium Member
join:2002-05-04
Leesburg, VA
·Verizon FiOS
(Software) pfSense
Panasonic KX-TGP600

mikev to mozerd

Premium Member

to mozerd
As an example, here are some dial plan items that can adjust how you dial phone numbers...

1[2-9]xxxxxx  - You must dial 11 digits
<:1>[2-9]xxxxxx - Dialing 10 digits will add the 1
<:1540>[2-9]xxxxxx - Dialing 7 digits will add 1 + area code (540)

You can also do some substitution to make it shorter...

<8:1703>[2-9]xxxxxx - Dialing 8 + 7 digits would dial the number in the 703 area code
<9:1540>[2-9]xxxxxx - Dialing 9 + 7 digits would dial the number in the 540 area code

mozerd
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

Thank You. I found a Dialing Plans configuration page on the GIGASET base station so I'll see how that goes.

Louis Laval
@optonline.net

Louis Laval to mozerd

Anon

to mozerd
said by mozerd:

Since switching one of my DID's to CallCentric I now have to use 11 digit dialing for local numbers and this is now become annoying.

As was said, you can easily adjust this on most ATA's.

But in fact, because of area code overlays this is eventually going to be the PSTN standard for most big cities at least in the US.

It's long been the case in New York, Chicago, much of California, and many other places.

For that matter, other VoIP providers such as FlowRoute and CallWithUs have the same procedure as CC.

And those providers are actually following the proper E164 dialing standard.

But ALSO note that you can use speed dial phone book entries with CallCentric (as with Voip.MS) in the *75xx format, thus you can dial just 5 digits.

mozerd
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by Louis Laval :

But ALSO note that you can use speed dial phone book entries with CallCentric (as with Voip.MS) in the *75xx format, thus you can dial just 5 digits.

Yea, I have so many numbers in my memory banks I do not think that I want to add more unique sets

Its very easy to configure on the Web Configurator once one can understand the German way of thinking so many options so many decisions so many other things to worry about

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952 to mozerd

Premium Member

to mozerd
said by mozerd:

Thank You. I found a Dialing Plans configuration page on the GIGASET base station so I'll see how that goes.

If you are using a Gigaset phone, do the following:

Go to the Settings tab >> Management >> Local Settings and add '1' to the Local Prefix. Click 'yes' for "Predial long distance access code for VoIP calls:".

Once you save the changes, you will now have 10 digit dialing and the Gigaset will automatically send the '1' to Callcentric to make them happy.

mozerd
MVM
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by crazyk4952:

Go to the Settings tab >> Management >> Local Settings and add '1' to the Local Prefix. Click 'yes' for "Predial long distance access code for VoIP calls:".

Thank you for bringing that particular page to my attention --- it did exactly what I wanted to accomplish. The Dialing Plans page also works but its not as straight-forward as the page your illustrated.
dcm
join:2008-09-12
Pennsylvania

dcm to crazyk4952

to crazyk4952
said by crazyk4952:

Once you save the changes, you will now have 10 digit dialing and the Gigaset will automatically send the '1' to Callcentric to make them happy.

What happens when you dial 911 ... will it attempt to dial 1911? Is there a 911 override in the settings?

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by dcm:

said by crazyk4952:

What happens when you dial 911 ... will it attempt to dial 1911? Is there a 911 override in the settings?

Just add '911' to your Dialing Plans and uncheck Use Area Code.