Search similar:

uniqs

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

1 edit

haroldo

[iPhone] Time lag on lock screen sound/vibration

My iPhone 4 (up to date) will typically flash new emails on the lock screen and then vibrate (I keep sound off) about a minute later. I know this isn't a big deal, but it's frustrating, since I typically assume the vibration is a new item, so I pick up the iPhone and re-check.
Is this normal behavior?
Thanks!

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by haroldo:

My iPhone 4 (up to date) will typically flash new emails on the lock screen and then vibrate (I keep sound off) about a minute later. I know this isn't a big deal, but it's frustrating, since I typically assume the vibration is a new item, so I pick up the iPhone and re-check.
Is this normal behavior?
Thanks!

I don't use vibrate at all but it's sounds like it's the second reminder you get ... but I think that's only for texts.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

Mail doesn't have the second reminder, but I tried turning on sound and it plays exactly one minute after mail is received.

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA

shadyman777 to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

Is this normal behavior?
Thanks!

Not to sound cliche, have you tried turning it off and on again? Perhaps it just needs a reboot?
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL
join:2008-07-08

easonin to haroldo

to haroldo
Did you notice this issue while on an older iOS version?

haroldo
USA

haroldo

said by easonin:

Did you notice this issue while on an older iOS version?

Can't say for sure, but I think it predates this week's upgrade
said by shadyman777:

Not to sound cliche, have you tried turning it off and on again? Perhaps it just needs a reboot?

I did, didn't help.
haroldo

1 edit

haroldo

Went to the Genius Bar and found out what the issue was. I had a few email accounts (two gmail and one godaddy related account). Apparently, gmail doesn't do push, so when iToys went to fetch, it does one gmail account, then the next and waits until it's done to make the vibration/sound. Eliminating the other accounts (I rarely use them anyway) cleared the problem.

AlexNYC
join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO

AlexNYC

GMail does push great when it is setup as an exchange account. Use m.google.com for the exchange server. Here are more detailed instructions of you need it: »support.google.com/a/use ··· r=138740