Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

phxuser

join:2010-03-16
Scottsdale, AZ
reply to chrisf8657

Re: [AZ] Speed Increase 01/31/13

I would like to thank ChrisL on the Cox internet forum who fixed the billing code problem for me.

Not before Tier 2 technical support tried to convince me that 32mbs download was all that Premier was supposed to provide.

Tier 2 really?

chrisf8657

join:2002-01-27
Glendale, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

A special shout out to CoxTech1 who helped fix my issue - apparently our account had the old DOCSIS 2 code on there.

JBT

join:2002-12-06
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Vorg

Premier in Tucson with a 6120.

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
reply to BryanInPHX

I wonder how many other people are paying $33 a month for what I get?

I'm not on a contract btw, but they guaranteed me this price until December 21st 2013

Vorg
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Tucson, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

We have Preferred

»www.speedtest.net/result/2479729188.png

timmyw

join:2006-12-10
Tucson, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

No wonder when I did a speed test last night it sucked to high heaven (1 Mbit download / 1.5 Mbit upload ?!). Everyone was on testing their speed.

I know that's not likely the problem but I'm going restart the modem and test again tonight and try to figure out what happened. Last time I tested I got pretty much the Preferred speeds I paid for.

coyote

@cox.net
reply to BryanInPHX

I have cox business internet. Does any cox rep know whether and when the speed increases will occur for us?

thanks

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76
reply to lazyndrunk

If you're under a contract or a promotional rate of any kind that would be lost if I do it which may be why it never got changed in the first place. For that reason I would call into our account services department and ask if you're account has the Premier service code or the Premier D3 service code and switch it if necessary.

lazyndrunk

join:2002-02-03
Gilbert, AZ
reply to CoxTech1

I'm using a 6180. Not sure why my account would be locked. Is this something you can fix CoxTech1 or should I be calling customer support? Please tell me I don't have to call customer support.

oldfartjc

join:2002-01-20
Glendale, AZ
reply to firerx

said by firerx:

LOL, it already Happened. I paid it on last months bill

It hasn't shown up on my bill yet. I have been paying the same amount for the Nov., Dec., and Jan. 2013 billing. Maybe it will show up on the Feb. 2013 bill.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to CoxTech1

said by CoxTech1:

That did happen in most cases however there are situations where the customer has a contract or the account is locked for perhaps a billing or other issue that would not have been updates automatically.

Gotcha, Everyone hears speed increase's, and they want it now, which is understandable. But have to realize, with big change's like this, problem's are to be expected. Good thing for these forum's, and the help of some of the cox guy's helping out here manually updating the people with troubled account's.

CoxTech1
VIP
Chesapeake, VA
reply to lilstone87

That did happen in most cases however there are situations where the customer has a contract or the account is locked for perhaps a billing or other issue that would not have been updates automatically.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to CoxTech1

said by CoxTech1:

Your account may just be one of those that requires a service code adjustment if you have a 3.0 modem.

Uh shouldn't the cox system be aware of the account's with D3 modem's? Would think there would be a script checking this, and updating the one's who need it.

CoxTech1
VIP
Chesapeake, VA
reply to lazyndrunk

Your account may just be one of those that requires a service code adjustment if you have a 3.0 modem.

lazyndrunk

join:2002-02-03
Gilbert, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

No upgrade for me yet. Still 25/5 with premier. I wonder if I only have to pay half of my bill since I'm only getting half of the speed.

firerx

join:2005-01-28
Avondale, AZ
reply to oldfartjc

LOL, it already Happened. I paid it on last months bill

oldfartjc

join:2002-01-20
Glendale, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

My speed increase started yesterday 1/31/2012 in NW Phoenix/Glendale, 51st Ave. and Bell Road. I have COX Preferred Service. It made no difference in my ping times while gaming on a Quake 4 server and I didn't figure it would, as past speed increases made no difference either. Downloads are faster of course so that's great. Is a price increase coming?

ryanmcv

join:2001-10-14
Phoenix, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

I'm seeing sustained download speeds of roughly 6.3 MB/sec (megabytes per second, after PowerBoost) on the Premier package in downtown Phoenix. Upload speeds cap out at roughly 1.3 MB/sec. This is right on par with the actual config file caps of 50mbps/10mbps. Awesome upgrade!

hotwasabi

join:2008-06-15
Westerville, OH
reply to dmthomas2

WOW - You guys are getting some amazing speeds on Ultimate and you pay the same price as me for Ultimate which is $99/month and all I get in the Cleveland, Ohio area is this:

Boy am I getting ripped off...thanks Cox!

firerx

Avondale, AZ
reply to dmthomas2

Thanks,
I just did the same.

dmthomas2

join:2005-01-18
Phoenix, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

Well I bought an SB6141 and I had Cox provision it this morning. Only took a 9 minute phone call. The tech was very helpful and the process couldn't be any easier.

The lower speedtests are using my SB6120.

firerx

Avondale, AZ
reply to nox PHX

HMMM, Where's the BEEF?

I'm afraid to call Cox and bug them. I see the second channel in the bonding has high correctables/uncorrectables.

nox PHX

join:2009-08-21
Phoenix, AZ
reply to dvd536

said by dvd536:

said by nox PHX:

My speeds on the preferred package:
[att=1]

Makes me want to switch to the Premiere!

28/5 is premiere. what are you getting after pb drops out?

Not sure, how could I check? (Supposed to be 25/5 after PB)

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

Preferred

alan242

join:2013-02-01
Phoenix, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

I'm seeing about 1MB/s higher in Ahwatukee with essential. It used to peak about 2.1MB/s. I'm seeing a steam download peak at 3.2MB/s and mostly it is around 3.0. I have a SB6120.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to phxuser

said by phxuser:

Here are the new speeds from the Cox Phoenix web page. Interesting they only quote Powerboost speeds!

makes it look better than what the config file settings are.
unless i missed something i think all rez packages upload cap out at 5mbps or less.
--
Despises any post with strings.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to nox PHX

said by nox PHX:

My speeds on the preferred package:
[att=1]

Makes me want to switch to the Premiere!

28/5 is premiere. what are you getting after pb drops out?
--
Despises any post with strings.

SrsBsns

join:2001-08-30
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to BryanInPHX

Awesome we pay the same price for half the speed!

Azlen

join:2010-05-03
Peoria, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

I had the faster speeds earlier today but tonight it's back down to where it was yesterday. Sounds like it's a known issue. Not shocked that there are a few bumps in the road on the first day. It happens.