Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

confused

@sbcglobal.net
reply to leiolanisad

Re: [Scam] Tenant Verified Scam

Hey Rental hunters!
I as well have responded to this craigslist posting and received this email below in my spam folder. The recipient email looks official with a yahoo.com email address. Would hate to miss an opportunity at $475 a month rent for what looks like a nice place....pictures were included as well as a map, but no address? I did not click on link instead typed in link given and found this. How do we know it is a scam and if it is how do these people get away with this constantly through Craigslist?
My name was not used in email, my daughters was, but my name was used in salutation in email sent by them. Also included a phone #to contact me, yet they sent an email to contact them?? I am looking for real renters not standoff scammers!
Email below is almost identical to what you all are getting?

The property is a 2 bedroom 2.5 bath with garage and washer and dryer. Dogs and cats are allowed with a $100 pet fee.

Requirements to lease our property are as follows:

1. A copy of your ID
2. First months rent and optional fee for pets
3. Lease Agreement, I'll bring this to the showing
(It is month-to-month, 6 month or a 1 year lease)
4. Completed background check for each applicant

The provider we use is Tenant Verified, here is a link.

This is an easy way for me to screen applicants based on previous addresses and employment information. If you have a criminal record or bad rental history, I am flexible and I'll help you out.

Contact me once you've completed your background check. It is in a .pdf, you can print it and bring to the showing or email it to me. I am looking for real tenants not window shoppers or tire kickers, I have 3 rental properties and a full time job.

What is the best contact number for you? Are you available tomorrow?

Enjoy your Wednesday!

Peggy Dipaolo

Sherlock

join:2013-02-01
USA West Coa
Hi Confused

My posts may help If you haven't read them. In a nutshell, go to Image.Google.Com and click on the little camera on the search line. Shrink down both Craigslist and Google windows so they fit side by side. Then just click and drag the photo from the rental to the box that will open on Google. It will search for the pictures. They are usually from Real Estate web sites. They even use the same descriptions.

Also, if there is a map in the right hand corner of the Craigslist posting, magnify it till you can see the roads. One rental was listed in one town and the map was in another town in a place where there are no roads or homes, one was in the middle of a shopping center and one in an industrial section of town. I know my towns well but you can enter the roads in map search and look at close up aerial view of the section they posted. My best wishes in your search. Oh yeah and the first tip it's a scam is that the rent is really low and you know what they say about "if it's to good to be true..."
Expand your moderator at work