dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

IOS6.1 adoption related to pending JB?

Looks like 6.1 uptake is huge - I wonder if its because so many JB device owners have been holding off waiting for the upcoming JB

»modmyi.com/content/9907- ··· yet.html

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki

Premium Member

I know I held off for the jb

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Tokidoki:

Same here... still struggling on an iPhone 4, when the JB comes out im buyin a 5.
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL
join:2008-07-08

easonin to dellsweig

to dellsweig
I've got an iPad 2 and an older iP4 still JB'n on 5.1.x, which will all be upgraded and JB'n. My iP5 will be first to be JB'n! oooooooh, I can't wait!

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to dellsweig

MVM,

to dellsweig
My iPhone has been on 5.1.1 because of the jailbreak, but we are a very small subset of all the iPhone users. Jailbreaking just isn't as popular as it once was (even though those that still do it are quite vocal).

I really don't see how the upgrade to 6.1 is any different from other upgrades - Apple made it pretty painless to do an OTA upgrade, so lots of people will do them. On top of that, the numbers are only for "tracked" devices. Not sure how Onswipe gets it's data, but if their sample set consists of above average technically savvy users, then that would skew the numbers as well.

Also, it would seem to me that the people who really care about the jailbreak would've stayed on 5.x until Sunday, as most have said in this thread

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by Tokidoki:

Same here... still struggling on an iPhone 4, when the JB comes out im buyin a 5.

Struggling?

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by donoreo:

Struggling?

It's gotten painfully slow, ever since i upgraded it to 5.1.1. I don't run fancy JB mods either, just LockInfo, SBSettings, Activator, NoSpot and a couple other tweaks that i dont remember now...

But no Winterboard or other theme crap.
ns1225
join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC

ns1225 to dellsweig

to dellsweig
I just upgraded from 5.1.1 to 6.1 solely for the JB so it must be factor. I've been using stock iOS and I've been reminded that doing the simplest of tasks is a pain.

The Geezer
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á

The Geezer to dellsweig

Premium Member

to dellsweig
And the meaning for 'JB' is ??????

As I have stated on here before, I hate acronyms! To me it is a sign of extreme arrogance (and laziness) to reduce something to an acronym, assuming that everyone knows what you are talking about, and if they don't, they are too stupid to care about. God forbid that you would actually have to type out a couple of whole words!

Well, I for one don't know what jb stands for, but from context I am interested in the thread discussion about something that everyone seems to be waiting for.

Jackson Brown?
Justin Bieber?
Jim Bonacci?
Just Basic?
Jim Beam (whiskey)?
Joe Blow?
Joe Biden?
Junction Box?
Jerusalem Bible?
James Bond?
Junior Brown?

My guess is Jail-break, but who knows....?

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

said by The Geezer:

As I have stated on here before, I hate acronyms! To me it is a sign of extreme arrogance (and laziness) to reduce something to an acronym, assuming that everyone knows what you are talking about, and if they don't, they are too stupid to care about. God forbid that you would actually have to type out a couple of whole words!

Well, I for one don't know what jb stands for, but from context I am interested in the thread discussion about something that everyone seems to be waiting for.

Jackson Brown?
Justin Bieber?
Jim Bonacci?
Just Basic?
Jim Beam (whiskey)?
Joe Blow?
Joe Biden?
Junction Box?
Jerusalem Bible?
James Bond?
Junior Brown?

My guess is Jail-break, but who knows....?

Learn something new every day - never knew jailbreak was supposed to have a hyphen oops I used a smiley instead of spelling it out.......

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to The Geezer

Premium Member

to The Geezer
said by The Geezer:

Oddly enough, it's one of the acronyms used to filter topics in this forum:

See: All, Unreplied, Beginner, OS X, Network, SU, rant, humor, Snow, Leo, iPhone, iPad, Security, JB, ML

Quick, notify the mods! Oh, and I guess we need to get rid of SU and ML as well.

The world is full of acronyms and your dislike of them isn't going to change that one bit. Sorry about that!

Tokidoki
Premium Member
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY

Tokidoki to The Geezer

Premium Member

to The Geezer
said by The Geezer:

As I have stated on here before, I hate acronyms! To me it is a sign of extreme arrogance (and laziness) to reduce something to an acronym, assuming that everyone knows what you are talking about

You're in a Mac software forum where JB is practically synonymous with jailbreaking. Too bad.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to dellsweig

Mod

to dellsweig
I'm waiting to upgrade (adopt?) until the JB is released and tested by the early adopters.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

That's my plan too

pike
Premium Member
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC

pike to The Geezer

Premium Member

to The Geezer
said by The Geezer:

As I have stated on here before, I hate acronyms!

It's called context my friend. You're reading a thread about iOS in an Apple forum. That should give you some pretty obvious clues we're not discussing James Bond.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to Tokidoki

Premium Member

to Tokidoki
HEY! you said Mac: is that Big Mac, Mac Daddy, Mac Cosmetics, Fleetwood Mac, Freddie Mac, Mac and Cheese, Mac Tools, Bernie Mac, Mid-American Athletic Conference, Mac Maharaj...come on...some specificity would help!

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to pike

Premium Member

to pike
No, we are discussing jailbait, some of us prefer the ipad mini to the ipad

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan to dellsweig

Premium Member

to dellsweig
Not me, I dislike iOS6.anything more than the annoying "1" nagging me to update. iP4 + iOS5 = $30/mo contentment

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium Member
join:2001-08-02
La Porte, IN

ztmike

Premium Member

said by skeechan:

Not me, I dislike iOS6.anything more than the annoying "1" nagging me to update. iP4 + iOS5 = $30/mo contentment

Say what?

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan
said by skeechan:

If your IP4 is JB'd, there's a hack in cydia that will hide OS update prompts. I had it on my IP4.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I did have it JB-ken but the few apps that I bought off Cydia tended to be poorly made, crashed, didn't work as claimed or were simply overpriced. I went back to stock iOS 5.