share rss forum feed

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

2 recommendations

reply to SunnyD

Re: Eh. When you have the money to blow on an Apple product...

Apple iphones run around $200 with a 2 year contract, just like all the other phones. Dont give me that crap in the morning.
--
»mc-buildville.enjin.com/

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27

1 recommendation

said by Duramax08:

Apple iphones run around $200 with a 2 year contract, just like all the other phones. Dont give me that crap in the morning.

Shhh. Don't feed him. Besides, Sunny-D is the WORST drink, ever!

--
Splat

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Duramax08

Your not considering the cost of the plan, nothing is really subsidized, the carriers that offer the iPhone charge more for monthly service, to mostly post-paid users. To make up for the so called subsidy they give.

And your also not considering that it costs more for the carriers to buy an iPhone than the average Android phone. Which is why they are carried mostly on the bigger carriers.
prepaid offers iPhones on some plans like Virgin mobile, but the up front cost for the device, means that most users on prepaid choose Android.

Android is very popular with prepaid plans, and post-paid plans, but the fact is that all those prepaid plans drag down the average cost per user.

If you compared only post-paid Android users to post-paid iPhone users, the costs would be much closer.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Duramax08

My wife pays over $80/month for her ATT iPhone. My son and I both have androids and pay a total of ~$65 a month on TMobile. We don't have unlimited plans.

Also, she bought her phone subsidised from ATT. I bought both my phone and my son's phone outright. So perhaps you want to take the $375 for those two phones and divide it out over a few years for a more fair comparison...