Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

1 recommendation

PeteC2 to Gizmo

MVM

to Gizmo

Re: [Info] Any Kindle Fire HD users here?

said by Gizmo:

My wife has the kindle fire HD 7" and loves it! The HD display is awesome, wifi and web browsing is fast, and the Dolby stereo will blow yer socks off. And most of all, customer service for the kindle is outstanding.

We've had a kindle starting with just an e-reader, then upgraded to the kindle fire and now the kindle fire HD and never saw a need to access books, apps, videos, or magazines outside of what amazon has to offer.

I have an iPad mini, but that's a different animal altogether.

Yep, and a great point to consider is what tablet "ecosystem" if any, are you already invested in?

Anne and I already had a number of apps through google due to our smart phones, and I already had a Nook e-reader, so for us, having pure android compatibility was important from an apps viewpoint, and of course being able to use the Nook app seamlessly with my Barnes and Noble account had a large impact in our decisions tablet-wise.

As I mentioned before, I really think that as long as you go with a main-stream (not one of the bargain-basement tablet knock offs) tablet, pure Android, IOS (Ipad), Amaszon (Kindle), or Nook HD, you will get a good experience.