join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Dominokat

Re: I have an interview!

Well, you probably did a lot better than you think.

Having several folks involved in the interview is a bit unconventional (and unprofessional) to be sure.

Keep in mind though that was what other aspirants also had to deal with.
--
Deeds, not words

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

1 recommendation

reply to Dominokat

If you have a great reference, you might have them call to see if they can be of any help with questions they have. Just a thought. Another technique with a long wait, is to sent a thank you note, and let them know you are excited about this opportunity.

My daughter is on a job quest too. She's recently certified in Medical Billing. Its a growing area, but Michigan University where she did an externship, the lady said she would have hired Cassandra right away if they didn't have a hiring freeze at the moment.

Hoping the best for you!
--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Artist-247

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Dominokat

said by Dominokat:

I was tagged team by three people in the interview. I don't interview well anyway because I get nervous, and to have three people interviewing made it worse. I did the best I could but I don't feel like I did well at all.
It will be about a week before I know one way or the other. They had one more interview, and then check references and a background check before they make a final decision.

Don't worry!
This "tag teaming" is a technique I have used before. It's called, "a board" interview, and it's main goal is to determine how well you react under pressure, and believe me, you probably did better than you think!

I'll go out on a limb and say, CONGRATS!

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
reply to Dominokat

Thanks!

I appreciate the optimism.

Right now it wait and see. I'll let you know what I find out in about a week or so.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
reply to rusdi

Agreed.. My last interview had 5 people in it. Each asking questions in different areas. So it is certainly not uncommon.

I, like others, think you probably did a lot better than what you think you did.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
reply to Dominokat

I received a letter in the mail.

I did NOT get the job.

I didn't think I did well in the interview, so this is of no surprise.

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3

Well bummer.....

I always fall back on the perpetual wisdom that says "All things happen for a reason", so obviously this wasn't the correct opportunity for the time.

Its still out there, and it will happen.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
Boothbay, ME
reply to Dominokat

Ah well. I was hopeful until the interview.
Maybe next time.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Dominokat:

Ah well. I was hopeful until the interview.
Maybe next time.

Well, at least it was good practice. Before the last job that I interviewed for, after 20 years in the Army, I deliberately interviewed for 2 lesser opportunities, partially as potential back up plans the previous week. More specifically though, I wanted a couple of interviews under my belt to relax me and re-hone my interviewing skills.

In fact, being recently layed off, I am at least glad that I had to interview for my last contractor last July. At least I retain some recent interview experience, since my last job interview was 12 years before that.

Most of us interview only infrequently, and like anything else "ring-rust" can be a bear!

I bet that if you go to a similar process in the near future, you will interview much better.

I still maintain however that for the type of position that you applied for, a "tag-team" interview was inappropriate.

You only would have had one specific supervisor (one would hope!). The interview should have been held by either that direct supervisor, or if there is a Human Resources Manager, that person. In fact, I suspect that if they thought a "group interview" was a good idea, then perhaps this was not destined to be as good a position as you might have hoped.

Had I walked into such an interview, my first question would be to whom am I responding? If an adequate response was not forthcoming, I would have politely excused myself and looked elsewhere.
--
Deeds, not words

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
reply to Dominokat

Oh well.........you gained a little experience with interviewing and next time, no doubt, you WILL do better!!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to Dominokat

I remember an interview in San Diego so many years ago when I was trying to keep my career alive. I got tag teamed and also got circle teamed (sat in a room with a circle of about 10 people around me peppering me with questions). It was not a pretty sight. I don't do well when under such stresses, though at the time I was a very good technician. Even back then, the anxiety was just starting to be a problem. It seems as though being irrationally cocky is an "attribute". Sure, maybe it is, but for something like a top gun, not an optics technician!
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.