uniqs
share rss forum feed

Exidor
Premium
join:2001-05-04
Brampton, ON

Start email settings for other email accounts

Hello -

I plan to change from the red service to Start in the next month.

I have already purchased my own domain in order to switch over all my email before I cancel my existing service.

I am using Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 7 to access and store all my emails. I don't use web mail or store email online. (That's just me, I understand and appreciate that many users don't do it this way.)

With red it is necessary to add my domain's email address settings in an additional "account" in order to retrieve messages from my domain's email accounts.

»help.yahoo.com/l/ca/rogers/mail/···ify.html

Will it be necessary to take these steps again when I switch over to Start?

Thanks!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
Hi and thanks for considering us.

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking as that link is about how to pull mail from other mailboxes into Yahoo's web mail. If you have your own domain and mail services somewhere then you should be able to do what you're currently doing now no problem with our service.

If I've misunderstood or you have any other questions just let me know.

Thanks.

Exidor
Premium
Brampton, ON
Click for full size
Thanks for your reply.

The above email will hopefully explain better what I am required to do for all my owned domains with my existing service.

From the email link:

...we are implementing a new e-mail security enhancement. This will affect ONLY customers who:

Use a non-@rogers.com e-mail address as their "From" address in outgoing mail -AND-
Use an e-mail program such as Microsoft Outlook,...[Windows Live Mail] etc.

The link in the email:

»www.rogershelp.com/yahoo/article···id=10H-F

I was just wondering if I will have to perform the same "email verification" process for any non-@start.ca email address, with which I use to send email from within Windows Live Mail?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
No, we secure the mail by network address rather than email address so you'll be fine.

Exidor
Premium
Brampton, ON
Thanks! I am signing up right now.