reply to Hordeforlife

Re: Are you on an imbalanced server?

Imagine the chaos of merging these two servers (from Reddit):

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
I have toons on both servers. One of the best things about the higher pop is that the AH is wonderful for making gold and selling. Stormrage is PVE though, so the possibility of the merge is around 0.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Imagine the chaos of merging these two servers (from Reddit):

That server would have like 295k toons on it.

Talk about login queues.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by McBrain:

Talk about login queues.

agreed. I moved to a high pop server once... and immediately regretted it after my first login queue. Login queues are more infuriating than "extended maintenance"... and pvp.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
kudos:1
reply to McBrain
Log in queues - I started off in Dalaran, and every year, like clockwork, between Christmas and New Years, you could plan on waiting anywhere from a few seconds to 15 minutes just to log in; the free character transfers to less populated servers were offered many times. Honestly, I have not run into queues in a couple years, so must be that they got something right

(Granted, I hardly ever visit my toons in Dalaran, so maybe ignorance is bliss. Anyone else on Dalaran??)
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
said by Rhenai:

Log in queues - I started off in Dalaran, and every year, like clockwork, between Christmas and New Years, you could plan on waiting anywhere from a few seconds to 15 minutes just to log in; the free character transfers to less populated servers were offered many times. Honestly, I have not run into queues in a couple years, so must be that they got something right

(Granted, I hardly ever visit my toons in Dalaran, so maybe ignorance is bliss. Anyone else on Dalaran??)

Queues on Kil'Jaeden on MoP release were 2+ hours. I'd literally queue when I got home from work around 5 and it'd be ready when my son went to bed at 7.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4
said by McBrain:

Queues

^ This guy.... spelling out the complete word "queues".

Has WoW taught you nothing?