uniqs
share rss forum feed

nox PHX

join:2009-08-21
Phoenix, AZ
reply to swingtrader

Re: AZ- DNS Servers Down?

85043 here

Having connection issues as well. I thought it was the construction going on outside!

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:76

This *may* be related to the issues everybody is having:

»WNDR3700v1/AV 1.0.16.98-dns BETA RELEASED!! FIXES DNS BUG!!

lowkeyinaz

@cox.net

Down in Glendale, AZ as well. Moto SBG surfboard modem/router, requires Cox to update from their end.

CoxTech1
VIP
Chesapeake, VA

Motorola isn't impacted except for experiencing symptoms of the problem.

lowkeyinaz

@myvzw.com

That isn't the case...I've tried rebooting my Moto Surfboard twice this morning, still same DNS issue on all devices. Moto is NOT in the clear.

CoxTech1
VIP
Chesapeake, VA

That's what I was trying to explain. Since you're using Motorola you'll only experience the symptoms of the problem which will be DNS failures. So far it appears to be only certain Netgear firmwares that are contributing to the problem.

swingtrader
Premium
join:2004-06-03
Tempe, AZ

I disagree. As I said, I have a D Link router, NOT a Netgear and am the OP that started this thread.

CoxTech1
VIP
Chesapeake, VA

Yes, since you have D-Link you wouldn't need to do the fix either. As those that need to do the fix do so and/or are removed from the network the DNS issues will get better for everybody else.

swingtrader
Premium
join:2004-06-03
Tempe, AZ

gotcha. very interesting problem.

LBTRS

@cox.net
reply to CoxTech1

I switched to that firmware over a year ago on my netgear because I was having dns issues personally. This problem, for everyone, just started today and there are not anymore version 1 or 2's of that netgear router being sold for over a year so why would this cause this now all of a sudden?

Also, I'm sure there are hundreds or thousands of people that have that router and I'm sure only a handful come to this forum so how would they know to upload that firmware anytime soon so it fixes it for the rest of us?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to CoxTech1

said by CoxTech1:

That's what I was trying to explain. Since you're using Motorola you'll only experience the symptoms of the problem which will be DNS failures. So far it appears to be only certain Netgear firmwares that are contributing to the problem.

cannot find www.facebook.com
cannot find www.dslreports.com
cannot find live.com
cannot find twitter.com
-
direct to modem, no netgear, no moto.
changing away from cox dns fixes it.
--
Despises any post with strings.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to CoxTech1

said by CoxTech1:

This *may* be related to the issues everybody is having:

»WNDR3700v1/AV 1.0.16.98-dns BETA RELEASED!! FIXES DNS BUG!!

That link is from 2011 ?
Still didn't notice a thing as my own router uses multiple DNS not just cox or google etc.

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3

A more recent thread on Netgear's own forum. Looks like once they discovered the issue, Netgear pulled the firmware from their pages. Least thats what it looks like.

»forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=83288