uniqs
daeron
join:2012-05-11
Ottawa

daeron to stevey_frac

to stevey_frac

Re: New speeds Rogers cable - Teksavvy watch out

said by stevey_frac:

I'm not against fast download or upload speeds. I'm arguing against the ridiculous statement that 100mbit synchronous should be the minimum. Most people don't need such a thing, and have no desire to pay for such a beast.

The cost isn't that huge...look at google doing it in the US for 80 bucks a month with a minimal install fee. It can be done.
Arcturus
join:2008-04-18
London, ON

Arcturus

Nothing matters now speed upgrades for existing TSI customers all denied.

This thread can die too I guess now...
Gami00
join:2010-03-11
Mississauga, ON

Gami00 to daeron

to daeron
said by daeron:

The cost isn't that huge...look at google doing it in the US for 80 bucks a month with a minimal install fee. It can be done.

lols.. google's example is for a totally different reason then what you're thinking.. the price point they're using is because they can make up the difference in loss of profit/revenue with their AD services/data mining, as well as beta testing their new fully integrated TV/remote/AD/quick buy system that the whole thing is setup for.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to Arcturus

Premium Member

to Arcturus
said by Arcturus:

Nothing matters now speed upgrades for existing TSI customers all denied.

This thread can die too I guess now...

Nah, its not as gloomy as it appeared, go and read what TSI Marc posted

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to daeron

to daeron
Does anyone know exactly how Google is offering its fiber internet services in Kansas city? The situation there regarding ISPs is no different then here, there's only a handful of incumbents that own either the PSTN wiring or the coax cabling that reaches homes. It seems doublful they'd want to use either like TPIAs here are.

Has google actually built it's own fiber network straight from peering ISPs to homes? Thats a HUGE cost, and at their current pricing on plans, if this is what they did, they are eating the costs and losing money on every subscription.