All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband

Re: Good or Bad according to UV Real Time?

There is no such thing as "Turbo Elite". There is a "Max Turbo", and that is 24 Mbps downstream, not 25 Mbps. Also, this does not take overhead into account. For a 24 Mbps service, I'd expect, under perfect conditions, a maximum usable rate of 23 Mbps, taking overhead into consideration.

Given this is what you are talking about, where are you testing your speed? A speed test site? If so, which one(s). You will sometimes see dramatic differences in speed test site results, so it would behoove you to get results from the top 3-4 speed test sites before concluding something is wrong with your connection speed.

Also, ATT service contract terms dictate that, at a minimum, you need to be able to achieve, on average, 75% of your total potential rate, including overhead, before your connection is considered out of spec. In your case that would be ~18 Mbps, minus overhead, which would be ~17Mbps, under perfect conditions. If your line can provide ~17 Mbps under perfect conditions, you have to live with it, or break any contract you have and pay the fee associated with it.

It is def. possible that ATT sold you a service your line can't support under the terms of your service agreement. It wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last. In that case you would have two options, ditch UVerse and go with a different provider, or accept a lower tier of service for a lower price, which would be the "Max" tier of service, providing a downstream rate of 12 Mbps.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Speedtest.net and speakeasy.net. both only hit 12megs down and 2up. I have loop lengtb of 1,500 feet from the vard. My sync is wrll above range just shitty download.