MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

1 edit

dellsweig

MVM

SB6141 question regarding channel bonding

Click for full size
I have a Motorola SB6141 (privately owned) on TW extreme (30/5). Works great no issues.

As you can see from the screen shot - I have 4 downstream and two upstream channels in the GUI.

If and when TWC upgrades my area so additional channels become available for bonding, will this update the GUI to show the 8 channels automatically or do I need to upgrade the firmware on my device??

Thanks
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Radisc359

Re: SB6141 question regarding chennel bonding

Only TWC can upgrade the firmware on there end, and when TWC adds more channels the chances are you'd have to reboot the modem to get them but they would be there. I'd also like to say that your upstream power levels are low, closer to 40 is recommended.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

Re: SB6141 question regarding channel bonding

said by Radisc359:

Only TWC can upgrade the firmware on there end, and when TWC adds more channels the chances are you'd have to reboot the modem to get them but they would be there. I'd also like to say that your upstream power levels are low, closer to 40 is recommended.

TWC can upload a new provisioning file to my device - I do not believe they can or will upgrade device firmware especially on a customer owned device..

My question still stands - will re-provisioning additional channels (by TWC) casue the GUI to display the additional channels or is the html code behind the signal view flexible enough to add additional columns to the table?

As for the signal levels - I am 2000 feet from the road and have an underground feed from the pole - TW installed the spliiter and ran the first tap to my cable modem. They have looked at their equipment on the street and verified signal at that point.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew to dellsweig

Premium Member

to dellsweig
TWC can update the firmware, when they want and plan to. Currently common firmware on TWC for the 6141 and 6121 and maybe the 6181 is 1.0.6.3 if I remember right.

The display will update with more columns as more channels are added, up to a maximum of 8 downstreams and 4 upstreams for that particular modem.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

said by DocDrew:

TWC can update the firmware, when they want and plan to. Currently common firmware on TWC is 1.0.6.3 if I remember right.

The display will update with more columns as more channels are added, up to a maximum of 8 downstreams and 4 upstreams for that particular modem.

Thanks!!
dellsweig

dellsweig to DocDrew

MVM

to DocDrew
here is my current version info:

Model Name: SB6141
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.3-SCM03-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.
Hardware Version: 7.0
Serial Number: 348781212000447106010001