spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bdmhenderson
join:2013-01-31

bdmhenderson

Netgear FVS124G

Hi,

Does anyone know how I would go about configuring a VPN between 2 of these routers?

Thanks in advance

Brian

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

I would start by reading the user guide.
That is assuming after one has read about VPNs on the net - there are many good white papers and explanations via google.
bdmhenderson

bdmhenderson

I've setup VPNs on Draytek routers, never on these netgear ones, it seems totally different.

How do you choose which dials which? How does the IP/FQDN identification work?

I've searched the internet but all I can find is demo's of setting up the netgear prosfae client doftware, I can't find any walkthroughs of a LAN to LAN VPN
broccoli
join:2007-11-29
Portland, OR
Draytek Vigor2860Vac
EnGenius EAP600
Obihai OBi100

broccoli to bdmhenderson

to bdmhenderson
Start by reading this: FVS124G Reference Manual. I just did, and found out that the router has a fairly-straightforward wizard for setting up gateway-to-gateway VPN tunnels. You just have to enter the remote WAN and LAN addresses, and the PSK.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to bdmhenderson

MVM

to bdmhenderson
Second broccoli See Profile's comments. Took all of two seconds on a search engine for "FVS124G manual" to find
what you needed. After that is your desire to learn and DIY, bdmhenderson See Profile.

Regards
Expand your moderator at work
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to bdmhenderson

Premium Member

to bdmhenderson

Re: Netgear FVS124G

When setting up a pair of Watchguard boxes to do a site-to-site VPN, there is no "which dials which". Each end is set to search out the other at a specific IP (or FQDN if you have dymanic IP's). They find each other and connect just a few seconds after booting up.
bdmhenderson

bdmhenderson

I eventually got the VPN going had to end up using Fully Qualified User Name before it would work.

I have also got a netgear FVS318 - however if use the same settings for this the VPN doesn't work, it shows connected on both ends however I can't ping machines across the VPN - any thoughts on this?

Seen a couple of posts elsewhere with the same problem however they never mentioned if the found a solution (The posts were a couple of years old!)