spc
uniqs

trap
@rr.com

trap to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert

Re: Installing personally owned Modem

What would be wrong with purchasing the Motorola 5101, the current modem supplied by BHN, if the service is fine for our needs?

Thanks

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

2 edits

Guide_Tim

Motorola 5101 is fine for lite,standard, and Turbo.Actually I'm pretty sure BHN can provide you with a DOCSIS 3.0 For Turbo users for an extra $5 you will get a constant 30mb download , instead of a short burst. For the faster speed tiers you want a DOCSIS 3 Modem trust me. For Lightning a DOCSIS 3.0 Modem is required and you can purchase your own as long as its on the "approved modems list". Or you have the option to use a BHN provided DOCSIS 3.0 Modem
»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· ce-9109/
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to trap

Premium Member

to trap
said by trap :

What would be wrong with purchasing the Motorola 5101, the current modem supplied by BHN, if the service is fine for our needs?

Thanks

The 5101 cannot be used for Turbo. Turbo now requires a D3 modem. Get the 6141 instead and that way you have something that is current technology.

trap
@rr.com

trap

Anon

Thanks Xpert,

I understand, but we are just using Standard internet. Is there really anything wrong w/ the 5101? What are the possible issues of using the 6121?