share rss forum feed

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Goggalor

Re: Your Most Anticipated Games of 2013

Archeage review takeaways:

- Open World: Massive, seemless, beautiful
- Housing: Can be built, and persists in the open world, and can be built within a 250m radius of certain main cities. Housing protects you from theft, PKers. And it allows you to store your goods, and share your house with thsoe you choose.
- Castles: can be build similar to houses
- Castles and houses can be destroyed by the other invading faction. You have to pay taxes for having a house/castle
- Crafting, requires no leveling, you can craft for any profession
- Farming: you can farm anywhere, within reason, farming within radius of your house protects crops from theft
- Combat: OK and generic. Nothing innovative like Tera or GW2. Tab targeting pretty much like WoW
- The game has a very sandyboxy feel... while this is great for Korean audience, whether or not it works for NA is another story

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

Hrm.....Would you pay for EOS if they brought together Skyrim, Tera, GW2, Archeage!?

TheThing

1 edit

I think Mike said it best: "STOP MAKING MMOS PEOPLE. YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT IT"

EOS will fail unless from the get-go its designed from the ground up to be free to play.

Heres a prediction:

- It will start with subscription, be intially popular because its skyrim
- interest will fade
- it will go F2P
- interest will rise
- interest will again deminish, with a small hardcore group

if this game goes P2P its gonna fail

the only game that succellfully pulled off a sub was WoW...

the only way it will work out is if its F2P from the getgo

these developers all think: "we are going to be different... we can pull off a sub"

heres a hint... YOU ARE NOT DIFFERENT... and history repeats

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

Stop screaming and take some Deer Antler Spray. I do agree though F2play is the way to go.

TheThing

already sprayed it in the pants

now i feel uncomfortable walking around at work

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

Archeage review takeaways:

- Open World: Massive, seemless, beautiful
- Housing: Can be built, and persists in the open world, and can be built within a 250m radius of certain main cities. Housing protects you from theft, PKers. And it allows you to store your goods, and share your house with thsoe you choose.
- Castles: can be build similar to houses
- Castles and houses can be destroyed by the other invading faction. You have to pay taxes for having a house/castle
- Crafting, requires no leveling, you can craft for any profession
- Farming: you can farm anywhere, within reason, farming within radius of your house protects crops from theft
- Combat: OK and generic. Nothing innovative like Tera or GW2. Tab targeting pretty much like WoW
- The game has a very sandyboxy feel... while this is great for Korean audience, whether or not it works for NA is another story

I really hope this title crosses over to NA. I've been looking for a good sandboxer.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu