join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt to The Mongoose

Premium Member

to The Mongoose

Re: CNOC speed matching decision due next week

said by The Mongoose:

I'm not so sure about that. If I were them I'd want to test the process on some smaller POIs before trying to scale it up to the big one where a failure in the transition process would affect a massive number of customers.

Well they said that they will turn up the Aggregated POI for all the areas they don't serve as of yet, then move onto migrating existing POI's one at a time.
da_guy2
join:2003-06-10
Kanata, ON

da_guy2

said by HiVolt:

said by The Mongoose:

I'm not so sure about that. If I were them I'd want to test the process on some smaller POIs before trying to scale it up to the big one where a failure in the transition process would affect a massive number of customers.

Well they said that they will turn up the Aggregated POI for all the areas they don't serve as of yet, then move onto migrating existing POI's one at a time.

ACTUALLY, if you read back somewhere, they said they will do areas they don't service followed by POI's that are currently at or over capacity. These could be small POI's that require a single extra link, or a big POI that would require multiple extra links. Last on the list will be POIs that have sufficient capacity and aren't expected to grow.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
Mongoose is correct.. that' exactly what we've asked for.

We may look to try to accelerate things now that we know.. and i think also there's incentive for Rogers also to accelerate things since they're the ones that need to make those additional investments if not... and we'd rather not commit to more than we need to on the existing stuff if there's a way to avoid it..

All around all the motivational factors are all pointing in the right direction.
yabos
join:2003-02-16
London, ON

yabos to HiVolt

to HiVolt
I think they should migrate London first

/no bias here

mike111
@teksavvy.com

mike111 to da_guy2

Anon

to da_guy2
How do I knw if im elidgible for the 45/7 package that has been talked about in this thread? Any date when this should be availible from TSI approx this package is veryyy good. With 1mb upload my brother cant even use skype or teamviewer without maxing the upstream then lags my downstream to the point i start to freeze on fps games

mike1questio
@teksavvy.com

mike1questio to da_guy2

Anon

to da_guy2
How do I knw if im elidgible for the 45/7 package that has been talked about in this thread? Any date when this should be availible from TSI approx this package is veryyy good. With 1mb upload my brother cant even use skype or teamviewer without maxing the upstream then lags my downstream to the point i start to freeze on fps games..

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 edit

TwiztedZero to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
" Said to The Mongoose See Profile
said by HiVolt:

said by The Mongoose:

TSI Marc said earlier, out of the 50 Rogers POI's , they have 20 POI's in use. So the 30 they don't, will get moved to Aggreated POI first, then they'll migrate the smaller 20 POI's over following that with the more congested ones being given priority. Thats the geist of it.

Scroll back up and read the two bigger Posts that TSI Marc posted earlier in the thread for clarification. After a bit of thinking it'll start to make sense.

TouchMyBox
@rogers.com

TouchMyBox to HiVolt

Anon

to HiVolt
So I guess this means I'll be getting upload speeds from this century sometime later this year then?
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to mike111

to mike111
said by mike111 :

How do I knw if im elidgible for the 45/7 package that has been talked about in this thread? Any date when this should be availible from TSI approx this package is veryyy good. With 1mb upload my brother cant even use skype or teamviewer without maxing the upstream then lags my downstream to the point i start to freeze on fps games

Way too early to know. Rogers doesn't even offer this profile publicly yet. You likely won't know the answer to this for months. Three things need to happen:

1) Rogers releases this profile publicly
2) TSI decides to offer this profile
3) Your POI is switched over to aggregated

How long any of those 3 will take is unknown.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by The Mongoose:

said by mike111 :

Way too early to know. Rogers doesn't even offer this profile publicly yet. You likely won't know the answer to this for months.

You can call and ask Rogers if its available for you on Rogers. They can qualify you. I've done it before - it was included in my submission to the CRTC that I could do this.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by resa1983:

said by The Mongoose:

said by mike111 :

Way too early to know. Rogers doesn't even offer this profile publicly yet. You likely won't know the answer to this for months.

You can call and ask Rogers if its available for you on Rogers. They can qualify you. I've done it before - it was included in my submission to the CRTC that I could do this.

Fair. Of course this doesn't mean TSI can or will offer it.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by The Mongoose:

Fair. Of course this doesn't mean TSI can or will offer it.

True enough..
It'll all depend on the final CRTC decision, which should be coming next month.