All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

[Tampa] Sharp Aquos, Cisco DVR Box - Picture/Sound Out of Sync

Hello all - I stumbled upon this site while Googling my issue. I just got a new 42 in. Sharp Aquos LED TV. I have the same cable/DVR box that I had for my old Vizio TV. For some reason my new Sharp TV's sound and picture does not sync up. This happens on various channels. We'll be watching a show, and then all of a sudden the sound and picture is out of sync. If I pause the cable box and then hit play again, it syncs back up....but then happens again minutes later. It never, ever did this with my Vizio TV. I called Sharp and they had me change the "motion enhancement" setting on my TV but that didn't work. Any suggestions? I know BHN also has a Samsung box. Should I request one of those? Any info would be appreciated. I'm bummed I spent all this money on a nice new TV and it doesn't work properly

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148

Re: [Tampa] Sharp Aquos, Cisco DVR Box - Picture/Sound Out of Sy

It's not likely to be the box. I assume you are using HDMI? Would you have any objections to using component?

Yes, an HDMI cable from the box to the TV... And forgive me, but what is "component"??? I'll use it if it will fix the sound/video sync issue. Will I still have the same quality picture? Just tell me what I need to buy and I will be happy to!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Stumped2013

I think it will in your case. This is not a common problem...some TV's more than others but there are at least one or two settings within the TV setup that normally resolve it. There may also be a firmware update for it (for your TV). I search google for: your modem tv + hdmi +audio sync.

In meantime you can pick up a cable at your local BHN lobby location at no charge...just as for a component video cable (not hdmi).
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Stumped2013

And no you won't notice the difference in video....people will swear up and down otherwise but the vast majority will never know the difference if you actually tested them.

Stumped2013

@bhn.net

So I got a component cablel and I have picture... but no sound at all???? Do I still need to have the HDMI cable plugged in for the sound to work? I tried it both ways - with and without the HDMI cable plugged in and I don't have any sound at all. Is there a setting on my cisco box that needs to be adjusted??

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Stumped2013

Is your cable 3 conductor or 5?

Stumped2013

@bhn.net
reply to Stumped2013

I figured it out... you have to use the red, white and yellow cord on the other side of the component cord. I now have sound and so far so good! No sound/video delay!! Hopefully your solution will work! If so, I thank you very much. Sharp nor BHN techs could figure this out and you did!! You're awesome!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Stumped2013

I kinda thought that was the problem