uniqs
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord to jmck

to jmck

Re: First morning of service with Start.ca

said by jmck:

you moved from TSI right? any idea how long it took for the switch to happen and how long you had no service? my switch date is tomorrow (Friday) and hoping I don't have to wait until the following midnight.

I have two modems, so there's a day of overlap in service here (both modems on the same cable line, using a 1:2 splitter). The Teksavvy modem is still in use separately, downloading some BIG stuff.

From what I've heard, the switchover in a single modem situation normally takes less than an hour. Good luck with that, and let us know how it works out there!

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

well my termination/start date was Feb 1st, i sort of expected my TSI to stop working at around midnight once the 1st started, but so far at 10am it's still connecting to TSI's DHCP and getting an IP from them (kept modem off for 20 secs).
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

My Teksavvy modem continued working all evening yesterday. I just unplugged it this morning (dunno if it was still active or not). But in your case, I think the thing to expect is that it will go dead at some point, then come alive again on Start.ca. Just not sure when that happens, since we did it differently here (two modems).
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to jmck

to jmck
said by jmck:

well my termination/start date was Feb 1st, i sort of expected my TSI to stop working at around midnight once the 1st started, but so far at 10am it's still connecting to TSI's DHCP and getting an IP from them (kept modem off for 20 secs).

With switching from Rogers, it worked for the full day of the switch with Rogers for me actually cutting off sometime in the early hours of the next day, and went to Start overnight.