Search similar:

uniqs
Calmuser
Calmuser
join:2011-10-27
Canada

Calmuser

[Homephone] How to Get Bell to stop Calling! plus weird ring ton

So I recently cancelled my Internet with Bell. And every since then, they keep calling me Every day. But NOT SAYING A WORD!!!

I say 'Hello' and I get silence at the other end.

At least if your going to keep calling me everyday to offer me a deal, PLEASE ANSWER!!! shhesh

The Odd thing is, I get an Weird ring tone whenever Bell calls.

We did recently, switch to a cheaper home phone plan with a bunch of features they we prob will never use! So maybe its one of those making the funny ring tone.

If I call myself from my Roger Cell, I get a normal ring tone.

I still have Homephone with them, so I guess they are allowed to call me still.. but.. these SILENT calls are getting annoying.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

Re: [Homephone] How to Get Bell to stop Calling! plus weird ring

said by Calmuser:

So I recently cancelled my Internet with Bell. And every since then, they keep calling me Every day. But NOT SAYING A WORD!!!

I say 'Hello' and I get silence at the other end.

At least if your going to keep calling me everyday to offer me a deal, PLEASE ANSWER!!! shhesh

The Odd thing is, I get an Weird ring tone whenever Bell calls.

We did recently, switch to a cheaper home phone plan with a bunch of features they we prob will never use! So maybe its one of those making the funny ring tone.

If I call myself from my Roger Cell, I get a normal ring tone.

I still have Homephone with them, so I guess they are allowed to call me still.. but.. these SILENT calls are getting annoying.

Stay on the line, i'm sure someone will pick up.
Calmuser
Calmuser
Canada

Calmuser

So i'm supposed to wait indefinably for Bell to pickup when they keep spam calling me!?!

If there trying to offer me a deal to stay with them, AT LEAST TALK TO ME. Don't Call and LEAVE ME WITH STATIC!

I did wait about 2 min, still nothing. Won't be waiting longer then that.
kovy7

kovy7

said by Calmuser:

So i'm supposed to wait indefinably for Bell to pickup when they keep spam calling me!?!

If there trying to offer me a deal to stay with them, AT LEAST TALK TO ME. Don't Call and LEAVE ME WITH STATIC!

I did wait about 2 min, still nothing. Won't be waiting longer then that.

Hey, I taught you wanted help or an answer... what you're getting is a machine calling you until a agent pickups...
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to Calmuser

to Calmuser
How do you know it's Bell? Does it actually say Bell on your call display? If you've established that it's indeed Bell, perhaps you should call them and ask to be put on a do not solicit list.
Calmuser
Calmuser
Canada

Calmuser

I did want an answer. But to wait indefinitely for a Bell agent to pick up is not the one I wanted!

and I know its Bell from Googling the # and doing a redial calls Bell!

I just want them to stop calling me and then NOT ANSWERING!
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by Calmuser:

I did want an answer. But to wait indefinitely for a Bell agent to pick up is not the one I wanted!

and I know its Bell from Googling the # and doing a redial calls Bell!

I just want them to stop calling me and then NOT ANSWERING!

I'm sorry, we don't work for Bell. There's no need to be abrasive when we give you a suggestion that you don't like. If you spent time googling and redialing the number, certainly you can wait on the line for a couple minutes, or call them back to tell them to stop calling you.
Calmuser
Calmuser
Canada

Calmuser

said by yyzlhr See Profile
I'm sorry, we don't work for Bell. There's no need to be abrasive when we give you a suggestion that you don't like. If you spent time googling and redialing the number, certainly you can wait on the line for a couple minutes, or call them back to tell them to stop calling you.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound abrasive. Just a bit annoyed at the daily calling and the static answers.

I am really just wondering what others did, when Bell did the calling.

I was going to call them back and ask, but didn't want to go through their annoying phone system.

Guess i'll just ignore future calls and let it Ring!

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I went to their ombudsman.
kovy7

kovy7 to Calmuser

to Calmuser
I just never answered and it stop after a few weeks... even after calling them, to say "hey you can stop now, i'm not interested" they still called.
Calmuser
Calmuser
Canada

1 edit

Calmuser

they finally answered today! though I wasn't the one to answer the phone.

they told them, we don't want to change anything.

so maybe they will stop now.

guess they were phoning all week to get a time of day when someone would answer!

edit: spoke too soon! called twice today.

Tried to offer me a deal that is higher then I would get with switching. saying no no. their deals don't expire after 1 yr! no need to call back every yr to get a deal.. don't think so!

told them to go forward with the cancellation!

I bet, I'll still get more calls next week!
donkey77
join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

donkey77

you must specifically say the magic words "put me on your internal do not call list"

also helps to tell them you don't want written solicitation either. this worked for me.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to Calmuser

to Calmuser
They're relentless to the point of being obnoxious. They just end up pissing customers off.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to donkey77

Mod

to donkey77
They got a slap on the wrist for not obeying their internal DNCL, never mind the national DNCL!