how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

UnixMan

join:2012-10-14
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Changes in Bell AGAS network

I am really sorry for popping this discussing up again but ... just for my curiosity as for a person with 20+ years of experience in S/W development mostly focused on UNIX-like operating systems and TCP/IP networking... can somebody tell me what AGAS stands for?

It seems to me like all kids playing games in Windows and never heard about the Internet details but joint this thread are absolutely familiar with the "AGAS". I'm feeling myself as an idiot because all attempts to find any info by 'google'-ing etc. had no success. Is it a kind of Bell and TekSavvy proprietary term I never heard about?

Thanks!

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON

Aggregated Gateway Access Service. GAS is Bell's wholesale DSL system, see »www.wholesale.bell.ca/pdfs/GASDSL.pdf

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

1 edit

said by squircle:

Aggregated Gateway Access Service. GAS is Bell's wholesale DSL system, see »www.wholesale.bell.ca/pdfs/GASDSL.pdf

Someone should put all these various TPIA terms to the Terminology FAQ's section, for both DSL and Cable lingo, especially the alphabet soup bits for the newcomers then we can just point 'em all there.
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to TSI Marc

All this talk about Bhell is giving me a pain in the AGAS