This is a sub-selection from TWC sucks

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX
reply to swarto112

Re: TWC sucks

said by swarto112:

Poor customer service, inherent pointing fingers to others within company, invest in infrastructure, channels dont all come in, just bad pricing for little return.

No disagreement with the customer service and incompetence within that area... but to get all the channels we get, 75/5 internet and unlimited calling for home phone for $220 bucks with 2 dvr's/1 playback box, it seems like a decent deal to me.

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Sounds like a bending over to me.

MrBungle87

join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to chamberc

$220 a month is absurd. I could honestly care less about cable TV, but maybe it's a requirement for you. As for phone--why bother? You're just paying them twice for the same service, since their 'digital phone' is essentially nothing but VoIP. So why not bring your own VoIP plan and hardware and save some money?

OdinFaktor

join:2001-02-12
USA
reply to chamberc

$220 a month!!! Holy... sounds like someone is getting screwwwwed but good. lol

chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX

said by OdinFaktor:

$220 a month!!! Holy... sounds like someone is getting screwwwwed but good. lol

The digital phone integration is nice and amounts to less than $25 of the bill. Having that much DVR space between 2 DVR's and all channels (save the mexican tier) + 75/5 makes it far cheaper than FIOS or dish, not to mention with dish you're dealing with the terrible PQ.

swarto112
Premium
join:2004-02-17
Brookfield, WI
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to chamberc

said by chamberc:

said by swarto112:

Poor customer service, inherent pointing fingers to others within company, invest in infrastructure, channels dont all come in, just bad pricing for little return.

No disagreement with the customer service and incompetence within that area... but to get all the channels we get, 75/5 internet and unlimited calling for home phone for $220 bucks with 2 dvr's/1 playback box, it seems like a decent deal to me.

Its a poor deal. When the channels sometimes work and sometimes dont. paying close to $160/mo for home phone, 20/2, 2 HD boxes, 2 cable cards for TiVos. that about triple what it was 10 years ago only difference is we get fast internet...on paper. I paid for beter quality video, way faster internet and more channels for that price. But my only other choice is U-verse but they dont support TiVo which means there infrastructure is even worse.

Poor infrastructure and compression...if they just upgrade stuff once in awhile it'd be way better.

Ive stopped using their worthless wifi router, put my handy N900 on the job...no one complains about poor wifi now and it handles the traffic so much better then the crap they roll out.

I dont understand it, TWC buy such inferior products with inferior software on it. They spend a fortune on support staff. I just came off of FIOS, you plug it in your self, it works, any problems and they rush out at no charge.

loli
Premium
join:2002-08-26
South Richmond Hill, NY
reply to chamberc

said by chamberc:

said by swarto112:

Damn that sucks. Here with Verizon I have Extreme HD with Showtime and HBO plus Spanish and Japanese package, 1 DVR, 5 HD Boxes, Phone, 75/35 internet for 170 dollars a month.

Taking out the discounts it would still be around 195 dollars.
Expand your moderator at work

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to chamberc

Re: TWC sucks

said by chamberc:

said by swarto112:

thats pretty good if thats the out the door price including all the unfees+equipment. if not then yawn.
--
Despises any post with strings.

TuxRaiderPen

join:2009-09-19
reply to chamberc

said by chamberc:
.....dish, not to mention with dish you're dealing with the terrible PQ.
Please elaborate I've had Dish since it pretty much started, and the PQ when SD was all there was far superior than crable or OTA, and since HD its as good as the 720p, 1080p data I have...

Dish is using MP4 and limits most 1080i to 1440V v. 1920V, I really see nothing to complain about on Dish other than the SD's that have no HD equal...and why they are wasting space on SD's that have HD... if you don't have a newer DBS receiver to convert it to SD, too bad! I was required to upgrade AT MY EXPENSE my 5K, so all you luddites should upgrade too so transponder space can be saved/reused for more important things.
--
1311393600 - Back to Black.....Black....Black....