spc
uniqs
mikee
join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

mikee to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: CNOC speed matching decision due next week

How do I know if im elidgible for the 45/7 package that has been talked about in this thread? Any date when this should be availible from TSI approx this package is veryyy good. With 1mb upload my brother cant even use skype or teamviewer without maxing the upstream then lags my downstream to the point i start to freeze on fps games..

You earlier said march-april will be when TekSavvy goes AGG? Just asking again so I know i understood that right, that would give everyone 35/3 who are on 28/1? Sorry I am new and I don't understand everything completely yet...

PunkChildP
Premium Member
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

PunkChildP

Premium Member

said by mikee:

How do I know if im elidgible for the 45/7 package that has been talked about in this thread? Any date when this should be availible from TSI approx this package is veryyy good. With 1mb upload my brother cant even use skype or teamviewer without maxing the upstream then lags my downstream to the point i start to freeze on fps games..

You earlier said march-april will be when TekSavvy goes AGG? Just asking again so I know i understood that right, that would give everyone 35/3 who are on 28/1? Sorry I am new and I don't understand everything completely yet...

I would check with Rogers to see if you can get the service from them. Once Aggregated we will be able to offer the exact speeds they offer.

I'll let Marc speak about timing as he would know more about that than I.

Thanks,
Paul
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to mikee

Premium Member

to mikee
said by mikee:

Call Rogers, ask them if you switched over to them, is the "HU" code available in your area for the 45mbps package. If it is, you'd have access to it via Teksavvy on Agg. Otherwise, you're stuck with 45/4.
Keep in mind the HU code is mostly for large city centres right now.
mikee
join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

mikee

Alright well i'm just going to assume I'm in a population dense area. I live a 3 minute walk from CSIS, 5-10minute drive from parliament hill. 6th most dense area in canada. Should be fine!

Now just the wait for TekSavvy to go AGG

Thanks for the help guys! Appreciate the quick help.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

On the whole Aggregated-TPIA front, We are already ATPIA with Videotron and we will be on Cogeco as of next week also. We'll be eating lots of costs until the CBB decision is made.. Technically we're already on ATPIA with Shaw also...
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to mikee

Premium Member

to mikee
said by mikee:

Alright well i'm just going to assume I'm in a population dense area. I live a 3 minute walk from CSIS,

Yep, they're pretty dense.
veriphone
join:2011-01-29

veriphone to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

On the whole Aggregated-TPIA front, We are already ATPIA with Videotron and we will be on Cogeco as of next week also. We'll be eating lots of costs until the CBB decision is made.. Technically we're already on ATPIA with Shaw also...

Marc,
Speaking of Cogeco ATPIA when can one sign up for that service, see available packages, speeds, etc.? I am in Cogeco territory and am very interested in the long delayed Cogeco deal. Tried checking on your web site by entering my postal code and it shows "Oops! We were unable to find a product that matches your postal code."
Since you'll be live with Cogeco next week, shouldn't you publish all the details so people can get familiar and decide what package they want to sign up on?
Thanks.
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla

Why are people surprised at the outcome? I expected it...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to veriphone

Premium Member

to veriphone
said by veriphone:

said by TSI Marc:

Marc,
Speaking of Cogeco ATPIA when can one sign up for that service, see available packages, speeds, etc.? I am in Cogeco territory and am very interested in the long delayed Cogeco deal. Tried checking on your web site by entering my postal code and it shows "Oops! We were unable to find a product that matches your postal code."
Since you'll be live with Cogeco next week, shouldn't you publish all the details so people can get familiar and decide what package they want to sign up on?
Thanks.

Well that's the thing.. the CBB rates are completely retarded as they are now with Cogeco... so our ability to do up packages that make sense just isn't there. i.e. the packages I would make right now, you wouldn't want to buy them and I'd look bad just for offering them!

I mean.. I could offer our lower offering maybe.. like the 75gig option. moreover though, we didn't want to put something out there only to have to change the rates again once the CBB decision comes out. Its quite a bit of work to send notices... we have to give 30 days notice to change rates.. we also didn't want to go too soon also since if we had to live with existing rates. it would have meant raising rates to our existing TPIA (non-aggregated) subs here in Chatham.. so we decided to wait..
veriphone

veriphone

I know you didn't do it on purpose Marc but you got me confused )
So next week you CAN do Cogeco and it'll be LIVE, but you don't want and will NOT do it because of the CBB rates? Thing is I am tired of my DSL speeds...been with you for ever....and the DSL (6M/800K)is solid and working fine but...it is SLOW compared to what cable can offer...hence I'd love to switch and got encouraged reading you are ready to go live with equal speeds to Cogeco...but after reading your reply nopw....I am not sure I understand the options available ...if any for people like me in Cogeco territory....

- wait till CBB comes out (who knows when?!?)
- sit tight and enjoy my DSL for....again who knows how much longer
- Switch to Start get the speeds I want but possibly at higher price than TSI may offer?

- Or.....here is the winner Marc....maybe become one of your better Cogecto cable testers? )

Would appreciate your advice on most valuable option to me and many others in my situation....
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Become a beta tester, for sure
veriphone

veriphone

Fully agree with you.
Just waiting on Marc to confirm.
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by veriphone:

Fully agree with you.
Just waiting on Marc to confirm.

Failing that, run your own fiber.....and pass it by my house on the way to yours. :

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

Failing that, run your own fiber.....and pass it by my house on the way to yours. :

... Passes the Metamucil over to Maynard
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

LOL

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

said by mikee:

Alright well i'm just going to assume I'm in a population dense area. I live a 3 minute walk from CSIS,

Yep, they're pretty dense.

Coffee everywhere. Damn you.

Mike

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by veriphone:

Marc,
Speaking of Cogeco ATPIA when can one sign up for that service, see available packages, speeds, etc.? I am in Cogeco territory and am very interested in the long delayed Cogeco deal....

Well that's the thing.. the CBB rates are completely retarded as they are now with Cogeco... so our ability to do up packages that make sense just isn't there. i.e. the packages I would make right now, you wouldn't want to buy them and I'd look bad just for offering them!

I mean.. I could offer our lower offering maybe....

[I have not read ahead after Page 11 to see whether this has already been answered - my apologies if it has.]

Marc, that's understandable, your reasons for holding back.

OTOH, if you DID right now bring to market some packages for GOUGEco areas, would the caps and prices still be better than whatever Cogeco's own retail plans are ?