Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MZB

join:2010-11-25
Dunrobin, ON
reply to tee el cee

Re: cheap provider for low usage & land line port

It depends on where the phone number is ("rate center" = area code plus first 3 digits of local number). If you post that here - e.g.
613-832-XXXX - people may be able to give more precise suggestions.

Voip.ms can certainly do this for many rate centers. (I have an answer-only number with them that copies the voice mail to email and deletes it from the voice mailbox).

Cost is typically between $1-$2/month, +$0.015/min for the incoming calls. Some rate centers are more expensive than others.

You do need a soft phone to set up the outgoing voicemail message, however. (Uploading a recording for this is a long-awaited feature).

Also see the posting by MartinM in this thread
»[Anveo] Free Porting Special Extended!
for a current Voip.ms porting promotion.

tee el cee

join:2010-01-30
Colts Neck, NJ

2 edits

said by MZB:

It depends on where the phone number is ("rate center" = area code plus first 3 digits of local number). If you post that here - e.g.
613-832-XXXX - people may be able to give more precise suggestions.

219-785-xxxx

said by MZB:

(I have an answer-only number with them that copies the voice mail to email and deletes it from the voice mailbox).

That sounds like a perfect match if the number ports.

Thank you

engineercarl
Premium
join:2003-02-24
20026-4474

F9 would be a great match with their number parking service, for $1/month. VM is included, which they will e-mail to you.

My $0.02.

Carl

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Anveo

Future-Nine charge a $20 porting fee and $3 per month unless the number happens to be in NY, CA, PA, VA, WV, DE, MD.

I suggest just go with Anveo and be done with it. Reliable service, great price.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI