FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

Stacy to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall

Re: iPod extension cable source

If you've ever purchased an Apple wired keyboard it comes with a white USB extension cable.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

said by Stacy:

If you've ever purchased an Apple wired keyboard it comes with a white USB extension cable.

Does the extension cable still have the 'notch' so it only fits with the keyboard and not a 'normal' USB connector?

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Elbow grease my friend.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

Stacy to dennismurphy

Premium Member

to dennismurphy
said by Stacy:

said by dennismurphy:

Does the extension cable still have the 'notch' so it only fits with the keyboard and not a 'normal' USB connector?

Yeah, I guess so. Never noticed that.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 edit

HiVolt

Premium Member

Click for full size
said by Stacy:

said by Stacy:

said by dennismurphy:

Yeah, and you can easily squish it flat with pliers, so you can use it as a regular extension. I've done it tons of times over the years here at work.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to Stacy

to Stacy
said by Stacy:

said by Stacy:

said by dennismurphy:

I bought a Apple branded 1 meter USB extension from OWC »eshop.macsales.com/item/ ··· 910240C/ to hook up my external Super Drive, and it didn't have that notch (even though if you look at the picture it shows the notch). I had always assumed that it was that cable from the keyboards ... apparently not.