uniqs

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to PJL

to PJL

Re: Why both Music Channels and Pandora App

said by PJL:

The Pandora widget does not work well on some 7XXX boxes. It "stutters" most evident on certain types of music. This bug, confirmed to me by the Pandora Widget project manager, was introduced with IMG 1.9 and pertains to how the music is decoded. It also impacts streaming music from Verizon Media Manager. The Project Manager said in an e-mail last July that the fix was supposed to be in a firmware upgrade in Q12013. I'm not betting my pennies on a fix then though.

So in addition to the fact that Music Choice take up only 1 QAM channel, I use it regularly since the Pandora Widget provides unacceptable music quality.

The way the music choice channels are sent out by default they are setup to be sent out on x.5 thru x.50 with x = the QAM channel number. This allows a cable company to mux 4 channels on .1-.4 on that QAM without having to renumber the subchannels. I know some cable companies like to number the music choice subchannels I know that suddenlink is notorious for numbering them x.900 thru x.946.