share rss forum feed
« TWC sucksNo value »
This is a sub-selection from I have Comcast

MrBungle87

join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: I have Comcast

Why do you keep saying you refuse to cut the cord? What value is there in cable TV? Most programming now has turned to garbage, and cable rates only keep going up.

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

said by MrBungle87:

Why do you keep saying you refuse to cut the cord? What value is there in cable TV? Most programming now has turned to garbage, and cable rates only keep going up.

get a ton of value out of cable TV. Netflix sucks. It’s not even worth the $8 they charge for it. They content is stale. And personally, I don’t want to wait a year or more to see a show I’m interested in. I’ve been looking forward to the series premier of The Americans on FX for months. It premiered last night and I will be watching it in a few moments. How long before Netflix gets that? Off the top of my head I can name upwards of 50 shows I watch on a regular basis on cable or premium cable. And that doesn’t include things like Buffalo Sabres Hockey or NY Yankees Baseball, which always get priority #1. It doesn’t include NASCAR Races, NLL Lacrosse when it’s on CBS Sports Network. Or all the other NFL, NHL and MLB games I get on Sunday Ticket, Center Ice or Extra Innings. Plus The ‘I Love’ series on VH1, Roasts on Comedy Central or various paranormal shows on History or Bio. Saturday night premier movies on HBO and Starz and various other movies and special events on the movie channels. Stand up comedy specials on HBO Comedy. NFL Red Zone, MLB Strike Zone, ESPN Goal Line.

1) Boardwalk Empire
2) Game of Thrones
3) True Blood
4) Real Sports
5) Homeland
6) Dexter
7) Shameless
8) Californication
9) Inside The NFL
10) Inside NASCAR
11) Jim Rome On Showtime
12) Strike Back
13) Hunted
14) Banshee
15) Magic City
16) American Horry Story
17) The Americans
18) The Ultimate Fighter
19) Longmire
20) The Glades
21) Storage Wars
22) Storage Wars Texas
23) Barter Kings
24) Shipping Wars
25) Pawn Stars
26) Hardcore Pawn
27) Cupcake Wars
28) The Great Food Truck Race
29) Man Caves
30) How Its Made
31) South Park
32) Tosh.O
33) PTI
34) Sports Nation
35) SportsCenter
36) NFL 32
37) NFL Total Access
38) NHL On The Fly
39) MLB Tonight
40) Hot Stove
41) NASCAR Race Hub
42) Rome
43) The O’Reilly Factor
44) Hannity
45) Red Eye

I With the amount of enjoyment I get out of the huge amount of current run content available to me I have no problem with my vary large both Time Warner and DirecTV bills. Netflix is a joke, Hulu is a joke, OTA TV is next to useless aside for Sports and Animation Domination on Fox, although that new show The Following is pretty kickass. Could be better if it was on FX though, with less restrictions.

So which online services do I have to get to get to get all of that content in current run form?

--
Dale Jr, Riding Daddys Coattails Since February 18, 2001!

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

said by Happydude32:

said by MrBungle87:

get a ton of value out of cable TV. Netflix sucks. It’s not even worth the $8 they charge for it. They content is stale. And personally, I don’t want to wait a year or more to see a show I’m interested in. I’ve been looking forward to the series premier of The Americans on FX for months. It premiered last night and I will be watching it in a few moments. How long before Netflix gets that? Off the top of my head I can name upwards of 50 shows I watch on a regular basis on cable or premium cable. And that doesn’t include things like Buffalo Sabres Hockey or NY Yankees Baseball, which always get priority #1. It doesn’t include NASCAR Races, NLL Lacrosse when it’s on CBS Sports Network. Or all the other NFL, NHL and MLB games I get on Sunday Ticket, Center Ice or Extra Innings. Plus The ‘I Love’ series on VH1, Roasts on Comedy Central or various paranormal shows on History or Bio. Saturday night premier movies on HBO and Starz and various other movies and special events on the movie channels. Stand up comedy specials on HBO Comedy. NFL Red Zone, MLB Strike Zone, ESPN Goal Line.

I With the amount of enjoyment I get out of the huge amount of current run content available to me I have no problem with my vary large both Time Warner and DirecTV bills. Netflix is a joke, Hulu is a joke, OTA TV is next to useless aside for Sports and Animation Domination on Fox, although that new show The Following is pretty kickass. Could be better if it was on FX though, with less restrictions.

So which online services do I have to get to get to get all of that content in current run form?

I agree, my Comcast Xfinity boxes get way more use than my first generation Apple TV. The TV right now is tuned to The Weather Channel, but I also watch Fox News, 22 News (WWLP newscasts), Cops, Music Choice (hit list, pop hits, '90s hits), Law & Order, CSI, etc. I had Netflix but is not worth my $8 per month so I cancelled. I also have my home phone and Internet through Comcast.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
reply to Happydude32

Wow, I can honestly say the only two on your list I have ever seen are How it's Made and Southpark. How do you find time to watch all of that?

Happydude32
Premium

Not all of those shows are on every week during the same time of year. A typical cable drama series is only 13 episodes per season. Premium cable series are usually 10 episodes a season. Network shows are 22 or 23. On network TV I watch 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, Hawaii 5-0, Vegas, Criminal Minds, CSI, CSI:NY, Blue Bloods, Person of Interest, Elementary, Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, The Simpson’s, Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Bobs Burgers and The Following.

From the moment I get home from work to the moment I go to bed the TV is on. And I prioritize, I don’t necessarily have to watch The Factor and Hannity every night, but I must watch every Sabres game. I’m watching the Sabres/Bruins game right now, as I type this on my tablet and I’ll start watching last nights episode of Barter Kings during the first intermission.

Between TWC and DirecTV, I have 4 DVRs containing 11 tuners and 2.5 TB worth of recording capacity. Pretty much everything is fair game.
--

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless

said by Happydude32:

From the moment I get home from work to the moment I go to bed the TV is on.

You know there's a couple of good 12 step programs for that problem.

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC
reply to Happydude32

Dude you need to get a life. Seriously I'm old with kids and I don't have the time to watch all that.

You have a union job don't you??? They're the only people who have that kind of time on their hands.

cipater

join:2000-05-18
Brooklyn, NY

A union guy who watches O'Reilly and Hannity? That could be a first.

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

said by cipater:

A union guy who watches O'Reilly and Hannity? That could be a first.

LOL, I didn't notice that and you are right it would be weird.

MrBungle87

join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Happydude32

If you've got the money and enjoy paying stupid amounts of money every month for TV, then more power to you. But I would say you're not representative of the average TV viewer who only watches a few channels/shows and pays for a bunch of garbage to subsidize the expensive content producers like Disney.

And honestly, how is Netflix not worth $8 a month? If you're already paying $200 or $300 a month for cable and satellite, you're worried about another $8? lol

Happydude32
Premium

said by TamaraB:

said by Happydude32:

From the moment I get home from work to the moment I go to bed the TV is on.

You know there's a couple of good 12 step programs for that problem.

It’s not a problem, it’s a hobby. I enjoy digital entertainment and being consumed by media

said by Corehhi:

Dude you need to get a life. Seriously I'm old with kids and I don't have the time to watch all that.

You have a union job don't you??? They're the only people who have that kind of time on their hands.

No, I don’t need a life. Electronic toys and digital media consumption are my life. The only motivation I have to drag my sorry ass out of bed in the morning to go to work is to get money to buy new toys. What am I supposed to do after work? Be like a good portion of the American population and hang out at some lousy bar and drink devils piss (AKA alcohol), get inebriated and act like a total jackass? No, I don’t have a union job, not sure why that matters. I’m supposed to work four 10 hour days (Mon – Thur) and have Fridays off. But this is our busy season at work, I work 11-12 hour days most days with mandatory Fridays. After getting up at 3:45AM and sometimes not getting home until 5 or 6 in the evening, what am I supposed to do with my life besides vegetate in front of the TV? After working 55-60 hours a week, the weekend is my time to continue to do nothing. Sorry if watching a ton of TV doesn’t qualify as a life to you, but you try working that many hours a week doing physical labor for 6 months out of the year, and then cutting down to only 40-42 hours a week during the summer months, and tell me how motivated you are to do much of anything else.
said by MrBungle87:

If you've got the money and enjoy paying stupid amounts of money every month for TV, then more power to you. But I would say you're not representative of the average TV viewer who only watches a few channels/shows and pays for a bunch of garbage to subsidize the expensive content producers like Disney.

And honestly, how is Netflix not worth $8 a month? If you're already paying $200 or $300 a month for cable and satellite, you're worried about another $8? lol

Considering I watch a ton of Disney owned content via the ESPN Networks, I don’t give a rats ass about what they cost. If I had the choice between losing ESPN and having my bill go down or keep ESPN and play an extra $15/month, there’s no decision to make here. I need my ESPN!

And no, Netflix isn’t even worth used toilet paper. I signed up for the month free trial last year after subscribing to their DVD by mail service when it first came out for a few years. The streaming content selection was so piss poor. Just about every movie and TV show I wanted to watch was not available for online streaming. I missed the first few seasons of King of the Hill. I used Netflix to stream the first few seasons of that show and then canceled the service about two weeks into my free trial as I was so disgusted with it. The only stuff I found worth a damn was the Starz content, which is now gone. But in comparing both the audio and video quality between Netflix streaming and what I get on cable with Starz HD, there was no comparison. It sucked.

I get more value out of paying $6 for the Latino Package on TW, and I don’t speak a work of Spanish then I would out of flushing $8 down the toilet with Netsux.
--