Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Geno71

Re: [Rant] Comcast Treats Long-Time Customers Like Garbage

They have a management problem. They are of an old philosophy that suggest to do special treatment to get new business. They don't have much of a retention plan.

Plus, they give lost of power to phone reps. So if you happen to have a good rep in your area, then you will get better deals and tend to stay a customer. If you don't get good reps you will get the corporate line and standard bad treatment then you will not be a customer. That right there is a management problem.

Plus, if there is local competition you will get lower rates. Comcast lives in the past and still acts like we can't see the cheap prices they offer next door. They are somewhat like Apple. When the critical mass of competition arrives, it will be too late for them to be saved.
--
dnoyeB
"Then said I, Wisdom [is] better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard. " Ecclesiastes 9:16

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

said by dnoyeB:

Comcast lives in the past and still acts like we can't see the cheap prices they offer next door. They are somewhat like Apple. When the critical mass of competition arrives, it will be too late for them to be saved.

They know you can see the different prices, but the average Comcast subscriber may not know. And even still, Comcast doesn't care, because there is 0 incentive for them to provide a level playing field of service when some areas' competition has their top speeds at your entry level speeds.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Geno71

join:2012-12-12
Antioch, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to dnoyeB

dnoyeB and pflog: I think you're both basically correct. Their management and customer retention philosophy is a joke. It amounts to: sucker them in with great sign-up rates, then increase the annual billing over a period of years with only modest increases in speed every few years apart... and when they get fed up, let them leave because you have a cable monopoly in every market you serve.

Proof of this is the multitudes of people (many who post here), who simply get fed up, cancel service, wait a while, and sign up again to get the lower rate and start at "ground zero" for the "fee escalation game". Maybe I'll do that and let you all know how it goes. Might as well try to game them back.

(That part is the government's fault, just like it's their fault for allowing price fixing schemes among cellular data plans... oh I must be crazy for complaining about that too. I'm just the paying customer is all. lol)

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

I also dont work for comcast. You dont like the way the new customers get promo prices we get that. But thats the way it is. Its the same here and i have plenty of options. Guess what every one of them do the same thing. We are just pointing out that its that way if you do or dont have other options. You are the one saying its because your options are limited. Shit goes up and thats just life. If it goes to a level you dont like leave it. Its the american dream but its also the american way of life. There is no one holding a gun to your head and saying buy it.