BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to ez2cy

Re: Status of d-link

Not even to help out your fellow man huh?

Understandable, I've thought about both sides of the fence regarding remote control. Yes there is some risks however you should also taking into account, after working with users and trying to help them out, eventually you come to have some trust in users and in most cases, users are only looking to help in getting there equipment running and in most cases, usually can be easily helped and fixed by using remote control while they are watching and learning from what you are doing and teaching them how too.

Understand your point though. To each his own. No hard feelings.

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by BimmerE38FN:

Not even to help out your fellow man huh?

Understandable, I've thought about both sides of the fence regarding remote control. Yes there is some risks however you should also taking into account, after working with users and trying to help them out, eventually you come to have some trust in users and in most cases, users are only looking to help in getting there equipment running and in most cases, usually can be easily helped and fixed by using remote control while they are watching and learning from what you are doing and teaching them how too.

Understand your point though. To each his own. No hard feelings.

OK, so why are you trying to get someone else to remote into the OP's PC or router and fix things, and not just doing it yourself?
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

BimmerE38FN

join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID
kudos:1
Reviews:
·CableOne
I thought that I would suggested that since you offered up the most information about this that you might continue seamless support and help them get there router set up fast and you could ensure that it was set up well and show them how to do it. It's all about providing help and getting peoples problems solved is all.

NetFixer
Bah Humbug
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

Perhaps you will have better luck if you try a different bait (or maybe a different fishing hole).

--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.