All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to pulp46

to pulp46

Re: Netbox tv guide only shows 5 channels?

SARA showed the same amount of information in the guide. Where did you get 20 channels from? But yes, I agree the HD guide is poorly designed and it's a terrible use of space.

pulp46
Premium Member
join:2003-01-28
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

No way, 20 was exaggerated but there were at least 10 channels showing, maybe 12-15. So this is it, 5 channels and constant scrolling in a 500 channel universes?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Nope only five. »www.rogershelp.com/Digit ··· id=YY-51.

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46 to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
There was a way with my old boxes to revert back to Classic mode and it brought up a half dozen more channels. This is a RIDICULOUS waste of real estate if there isn't a way to do it.
pulp46

pulp46 to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
Thanks yyz... I'm pissed and incredulous about this stupid display. Bringing it back!!!
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to pulp46

to pulp46
said by pulp46:

There was a way with my old boxes to revert back to Classic mode and it brought up a half dozen more channels. This is a RIDICULOUS waste of real estate if there isn't a way to do it.

I don't recall there ever being that option. Are you sure you were with Rogers at that time lol? But yes the guide is terrible, Rogers has a tablet app that allows you to browse the IPG, and the tablet app shows about 7 channels at a time and up to 3 and a half hours in advance. Too bad Rogers/Cisco couldn't implement this into the TV guide.
yyzlhr

yyzlhr to pulp46

to pulp46
said by pulp46:

Thanks yyz... I'm pissed and incredulous about this stupid display. Bringing it back!!!

You can revert back to the old guide on the NextBox terminals if you wish. It will not have the quick start guide though so you will not have features like search and apps. Also if you have a NextBox PVR, you will lose your PVR recordings by reverting back.

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46 to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
I'm certain I was with Rogers. LOL
What you had to do was something like hit Guide then Settings and that option became available. A lot of people complained about the older boxes until we figured out the Option.
pulp46

pulp46 to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
I can't even figure out how to revert back. How does one do it?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by pulp46:

I can't even figure out how to revert back. How does one do it?

You need to call tech support or customer service and request it. Your terminal will automatically reboot and download the old guide within 48 hours.

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

Thanks again! Kudoed!
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Np. Thanks