Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to jpr281

Re: Chrome blocking Newsday

So, if you logged into the News 12 or Newsday websites using your Optimum ID, has that been compromised?

I guess not...they claim in the article that customer information was not compromised.

captnhook

join:2001-02-20
NY

said by limegrass69:

So, if you logged into the News 12 or Newsday websites using your Optimum ID, has that been compromised?
I guess not...they claim in the article that customer information was not compromised.

If the site was so poorly secured who's to say what information and data was compromised and what was not.

They buried any coverage of this occuring in the back pages of their business section.

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1

The New York Times and Wall Street Journal were hacked, nothing is secure on the internet anymore.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to captnhook

said by captnhook:

said by limegrass69:

If the site was so poorly secured who's to say what information and data was compromised and what was not.

They buried any coverage of this occurring in the back pages of their business section.

This is not big news. And any site with user information is going to handle that in a separate manner than the site content.