FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5

Premium Member

I returned mine and and had $2 pulled from the bill

It used to be free and I had mine for a few years without charges. But then they started charging for it. I no longer used it so I returned mine and had the $2 pulled from the bill. And then I got pissed & complained about it to the local Comcast rep and he sent me to the retention dept where I got a $15/mo credit applied for a year. So in the end it is saving me $17/mo. Comcast should have left well enough alone.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

Mine are going back tomorrow, was being charged for both and HD fee on both despite repeated assurances to just hold on to them (neither has ever been used, one is still sealed in the shipping box.)
My "Guaranteed" sub $85 blast plus HD hit $97 for 2 months now, which is NOT what we ( Me and the desk guy at the service center) talked about.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Wonder how many people who always are resigned to cable bill increases won't notice and just be paying from now until __________ for something they are not using.

Trust me, it will happen. Then will come the lawsuit(s)....

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

3 recommendations

FFH5

Premium Member

said by KrK:

Wonder how many people who always are resigned to cable bill increases won't notice and just be paying from now until __________ for something they are not using.

Before I retired and was working 60 hr weeks and on call 24 x 7 I probably wouldn't have taken the time and energy to correct this. But now that I have free time, I follow up on these small ripoffs and fight them.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac to FFH5

to FFH5
I returned mine last month. Comcast charged me a $2 service change fee to do so. Can't win either way.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

I returned one of mine in December, but I continued to get billed for it. Got that fixed... and then I got charged the $1.99 service change fee. You're right, can't win.

The other one is going back shortly. I've decided I just don't need cable on every TV if I'm going to be charged for every damn outlet.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to Morac

to Morac
said by Morac:

I returned mine last month. Comcast charged me a $2 service change fee to do so. Can't win either way.

Then why not walk in and hand them a made up invoice and charge them an “inconvenience fee”? There used to be services centers all over the place, now, I have to drive 10 miles to the nearest one. There were 2 within 5 miles 2 years ago. Therefore, I’m having to drive further because they can have a truck drop by and pick it up. All’s fair. A fuel surcharge, a inconvenience fee, even a nuisance fee. If anything, you will confuse the hell out of the lady behind the bullet proof glass.

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

1 recommendation

Corehhi to KrK

to KrK
said by KrK:

That's why companies love if you sign up to have your bill automatically taken out of your checking account. You might not notice forever.