share rss forum feed

jh20001
TheSaint

join:2012-11-18
Las Vegas, NV

1 edit
reply to bryant313

Re: [ALL] Cox Annual Speed Upgrade

This is proof that Cox is full of crap. I forgot to post this earlier. This is a run I did on speedtest.net back in 2011 at my old place. Cox didn't have as much "cap" control on it's "boost" so boost would shoot it up to 98mbps and after about 20 seconds or so come crashing down to 20. Now *THAT*....was boost. 20-98...now we get 50-60. Should be 50-150 with boost now :/

Let's go picket in front of their corp office

Edit: I just did another speedtest and it showed 3.29mbps for upstream...compared to this morning that showed 19mbps. I did it again and my downstream crashed from 50 to 19mbps and upstream is 1.66mbps.....you have to be kidding.

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV

if you call cox and go to the tech support section and choose internet you will hear a prerecorded message that talks about speed issues valley wide

so it should be fixed shortly

Smith
Premium
join:2000-07-13

I called Cox at noon. They're sending someone over in the morning to fix the problem. My Ultimate speeds never went up. He said most of the problems they're having today are with the people that have the Ultimate Internet. It sounds like Cox wasn't ready to increase the Ultimate speeds.

Kissler

join:2012-07-06
Las Vegas, NV
reply to bryant313

That would explain only being able to get 43d 20u.